Cleaning House.

By Meg - 9:40 PM


I know I posted a picture a while back of the house that Mark and I had just started the process of buying... we were in the early stages then and we thought it seemed like forever before we would close on the house and officially own it. But that day has come and passed. Mark signed the papers on November 18th, and while my name is not on the deed yet because we're not married, this house belongs to us. I was able to go over to the house this past Saturday and with the help of my mom and sister, cleaned the house from top to bottom. We scrubbed the tubs, the sinks, the shelves, the kitchen counters and cabinets. We dusted, vacuumed, swept and mopped. We opened the blinds to let the sunshine fill the empty house again and opened windows to let the fresh air in. This day was a dream a come true. Ever since we started looking for houses I dreamed about the day that I would go to the house after it was ours to clean it and make it just that - really ours. As I was cleaning I felt like I was washing away all of the things the walls of the house had seen and heard from the family that lived there before us. I felt like I was wiping the slate clean and preparing the walls to host new adventures...adventures that will without a doubt bring both laughter and tears, struggles and victories, and joy and sorrow through a variety of life's issues.

So New House, you are cordially and emphatically invited to take a front row seat to witness the early days of what will one day soon (165 days to be exact) be the Mr. and Mrs. Mark Poindexter family. Enjoy.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. 2 Samuel 7:29
    Now therefore may it please you to bless the house of your servant, so that it may continue forever before you. For you, O Lord God, have spoken, and with your blessing shall the house of your servant be blessed forever.”

    ReplyDelete