Brunch Date

By Meg - 9:12 PM

My grandma, Aunt Linda and cousin Lindy are in town this week so on our "Kessler Tuesday" {the day of the week my siblings get together at my parent's house to hang out} we had a brunch date!


The Bee & The Biscuit is a new super cute brunch spot in the country {that's also sort of near the beach... welcome to coastal Va.!} that has been all the rage this past summer. It's an old house near a farm that was turned into a restaurant. Friends had been visiting and posting pictures of amazing latte's all summer long and I had been wanting to go so I'm glad we finally gave ourselves a reason to drive 25 minutes out to this place, and you know what? It was totally worth it.


I got what they called a Cinnamon Crunch Latte. This is the type of picture I saw on my facebook news feed all summer. I don't even really like coffee, but for some reason this just looked so good so I had to order one to see if it tasted as good as it looked. I'm so glad I did because it was a-maz-ing! I've never had a coffee so smooth and treat like! I can kind of drink a fancy Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha with pumps of caramel syrup in it but I never truly enjoy it. This? I S A V O R E D.


{Don't mind the gash in the middle of my forehead that I'm trying to cover up with makeup. My face had an unfortunate collision with a car door last week.}


I had the pleasure of sitting next to my beautiful Grandma during brunch and sharing our food while she told me a story about a man, a friend of hers, who embarrassed her when she was younger by coming in to the Sunday school class she was teaching and asking loudly "Is hoochie Cucci teaching today?" {For clarification, her last name is Ricucci - "Ri-koo-chee". :)} My grandma loves to share stories, and she loves to say "to make a long story short." as she fills you in on all the details of the story and I love to listen to her stories. <3


The sun was in Reaghan's eyes, but the sign was cute so we had to snap a couple pictures.


Now I just need to find a new reason to drive back out there for another Brunch date...

Any takers?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments