ShamrockOn 2018

By Meg - 9:34 PM

Sunday I ran the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon in Virginia Beach.

I love to run this race (2015, 2016) whenever I can because it is
 so close and its my favorite distance to run!

It was my first race after having Lilly. I took more than 6 months off from running after she was born last year because of experiencing a pelvic organ prolapse following her birth. I went through physical therapy and gave myself plenty of time to heal before running again last fall. When I did I kept my mileage low, 3 miles max, but I finally decided in January that I was ready to start increasing my mileage again! So on a whim, I registered for the 1/2 Marathon. It probably wasn't the smartest idea because it only gave me a few weeks to progress from 3 miles to 13... but it worked out fine! Other than being really sore the day after.. I knew I wasn't going to run my fastest race ever, but I did finish better than I expected, 2 hours and 7 minutes, so I was really happy with it.
(A similar time that I was really excited to achieve back in 2012)  

Here is my race day taken from my Instagram stories:










I finished the half feeling pretty good.
I have lofty goals to keep up my mileage this year and, Lord willing, complete another full marathon this fall and then a 30 mile race on my 30th birthday in December!
(Doesn't that sound like a great way to ring in my 30's?!? I think it will make my birthday memorable, if nothing else!)
It's grand and feels a little intimidating right now thinking about it, but I've done a full before so I know it is possible for me!
I am praying that I can stay healthy and diligent this year to meet these goals!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments