Reaching Goals before 30

By Meg - 10:42 PM

My Journey this past summer to my 3rd marathon!


On November 18th I'll be running in the Philadelphia marathon and I'm so excited!

I knew it was going to be hard work to find the time to run for 2-4 hours at a time almost every weekend with 2 girls at home, vacations, and having to work some Saturdays - and it was! Some days were super early, sometimes I'd get back from a long run and feel awful for a few hours until my body recovered a bit {but I still had to be a mom!} some runs were rainy, some were scorching hot with 90% humidity...
But I knew I wanted to work hard towards a goal before my 30th birthday and get myself back in shape. So I did it.

I stayed more on plan following the Trim Healthy Mama plan that I started last summer, slowly built my miles and found a Youtube channel that has amazing in home workouts (Check out Sydney Cummings!) that has helped me drop a few more pounds, build strength and tone muscles! 

I really feel the most in shape and confident in my body than I have since I got married 6 years ago and I'm so excited to be heading in to my thirties healthy and energized!

Aside from the marathon I'm doing my first "ultra" marathon ON my actual birthday.
Its a 50k, so 30 miles for my 30th!

My people think I'm crazy for wanting to spend 6 or so hours of my birthday running trails but if nothing else it will be something I remember forever. A friend form work has been trying to get me to run this with her for years and since this year it was actually on my birthday I decided to go for it! I'm nervously excited for it, even if it ends up being miserable! ha!

I'm so grateful for Mark and his encouragement and support! He's the one home with the girls when I go out for my long runs on the weekends so I couldn't work towards this goal without him. 
But he definitely thinks I'm crazy for all of this running.  : )

One of the songs on my running playlist is a song by Andy Mineo, a Christian Rapper. A line in this song goes "Make Moves or Make Excuses." It's been my motto this past summer until now. All of the days I didn't want to wake up before the sun to run or workout, I thought of this line and the goal I wanted to reach. I could make a move towards it, being faithful in the little daily things or I could make excuses about why I couldn't do it! 

There's always a way to reach your fitness goals, mamas! 

Set some for yourself, no matter how big or small, and work towards them. 

The feeling of accomplishment is worth it. : )






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments