Its Just The Beginning...

By Meg - 11:09 PM

7 years and 2 weeks ago today, I met Mark Thomas Poindexter for the first time, we were in South Dakota, on a missions trip that neither of us had planned to be on. 3 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and 3 day ago we made a commitment with my parents to enter in to a relationship that we both desired to lead to marriage, we were at Neighbors Pizzeria. 1 month, 1 week and 6 days ago, Mark Thomas Poindexter got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife and to raise a family with him, we were on a picnic at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.


The first month of my engagement my focus has been on myself, Mark and the exciting new romance that comes with having a ring on your finger. My excitement, though not having decreased in the least, has been reigned in, and my focus has started to shift to the marriage that will be following. A marriage in which I will be called to reach the standard of the woman described in Proverbs 31.

I created this blog to be a journal of all my adventures as I learn to become Mark's 31 woman, though my journey started long before I got engaged, it even started long before Mark and I entered into a relationship. It began when my parents committed to raising me up to be a woman pleasing to the Lord. And I am eternally (literally, for I wouldn't know about eternal life through Christ without them) grateful for their relentless and tireless efforts to mold me and make me who I am today.  

My wedding date is set for May 12th, 2012. My "miss" status will be changed to "Mrs." and I will officially be Mark's wife. I pray that I make myself available for God to use the next 9 months, 1 week, and 5 days to address my shortcomings and continue molding me into a woman that Mark will lack no confidence in, one he trusts with his whole heart, and one that will bring him good all the days of his life.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments