See Lilly Grow! {2 Months}

By Meg - 6:16 PM

Lilly Jean turned 2 months old on Monday! I can't believe I only have 3 more weeks of maternity leave left. : ( I had to go to a continuing education course this past weekend, so I was gone from my girls from 6:30am to 5pm Saturday AND Sunday, and it was hard! I know a lot of mama's do it, but I'm so glad I don't work full time. I think the sleep deprivation alone would really challenge my ability to be a good wife and mom! It was Mark's first time flying solo with BOTH girls this weekend too and everything went great! Lilly did struggle with the bottle a bit the first day though. We had given her a bottle a few times before and she had done fine, but for some reason the flow was way too fast for her this weekend. Maybe her sucking power has really increased! I ran out Saturday night after the course and bought some slower flow nipples and Mark said she didn't have any problems on Sunday. It's a little stressful to get a text saying your baby is struggling to eat when you're 20 minutes away and stuck in a classroom and theres nothing you can do! It literally made my boobs hurt! haha Weird breastfeeding symptom! Thankfully Mark is super daddy and made it work.

Lilly is definitely out of her newborn stage! She's very alert and animated now. It's bittersweet but of course there's nothing like watching your baby grow.





Here are some highlights from Lilly Jean's second month on earth!


Size
She had an appointment today and weighed 11 lbs. 14oz. and was 22.7 inches long. 66th percentile for weight and 63rd for height. She's outgrown all of her newborn outfits and fits pretty comfortably in some 3 month outfits already. She's getting some squishy baby rolls on her arms and legs and I love it!
Health
Reaghan caught a cold a couple of weeks ago and Lilly picked a little bit of it up. She had a runny nose and even a little cough that lingered for around a week but no fevers. We put the humidifier and snot suckers to good use that week! She is healthy again but now Reaghan has another runny nose - hopefully this doesn't become a regular cycle now that we have 2 kids!

Feeding
Still eats like a champ. Usually every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. Sometimes sooner, just depends on her mood! Learning to eat from a bottle really well. She doesn't have a problem with different nipples, will suck on anything you give her lol the flow just needs to be right because she has a powerful little suck! Spits up ALL.THE.TIME. It never fails that I have to change her outfit right before we're getting ready to leave because she's soaked it again with spit up. She's also notorious for peeing in the middle of diaper changes!  

Sleeping
She hasn't had a true "sleep through the night" night yet. It takes her a long time to finally fall asleep and stay asleep at night. The past few nights it hasn't been until 12:30-1 (which meant I got 5 hours of sleep Friday and Saturday because I had to be up early for the course!) but once she goes down she'll sleep for a 5-6 hour stretch. We're working on getting her in a good nap schedule to prepare for my return to work. Today she did great and napped for almost 3 hours on her own at the same time as Reaghan! *happy dance*

Likes
Eating. She's started to enjoy laying on her play mat and looking at the mirror and her toys or laying propped up on her Boppy to see whats going on. Likes stroller rides and car rides. Tolerates her swing for about 10 minutes or so.  

Dislikes
Bath times aren't her favorite, especially if she's not submerged in the warm water during Reaghan's bath. That seems to be the only way she tolerates it, but even then its hit or miss. She doesn't like tummy time at all, but is already very strong! The Dr. was impressed with how she could hold her head up when she put her on her tummy today. I think she thinks she's older than she is because she already tries to roll on to her side and push with her legs to stand up. lol 

Milestones
She smiled for the first time around 6 weeks and this last week or so she has become very animated with lots of smiles, coos, and arm and leg movements. I love watching her kick around when she gets excited, like when I'm about to feed her. Its the best! 

Sibling Love
Reaghan is still the biggest helper. She always wants to hold Lilly and the first thing she asks when she gets up in the morning or from her nap is "Is Lilly awake? Can I see her?" She helps me wash her hair in the bathtub and loves it when I hold both of them on my lap on in my arms. Lilly always turns when she hears her voice and gives her big smiles. I've become slightly obsessed with matching outfits - their entire summer wardrobe will probably coordinate in some way! 

Special Outings/Events
She was dedicated at church on March 26th. She went to her first movie in the theaters with mommy, grammie, Aunt Nin Nin and Aunt Sara and cousin Lindy. She was away from mommy for the first time when Grammie babysat her for an hour while mommy got a massage with friends! : ) 


Her expressions are my favorite. She was pretty determined not to smile in the beginning but Reag and I finally convinced her that we're pretty funny people to hang out with. Funny noises and high-pitched voices are impossible to resist when you're 2 months old. ; )

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments