See Reaghan Grow {Dance Recital}

By Meg - 9:26 PM

Father's Day weekend was a flurry of activity!
Friday night was a dress rehearsal for Reaghan and her cousin Brooklyn's first big ballet recital, and then Saturday was the actual recital! The girls have been looking forward to this for weeks - ever since they got their costumes at dance class! We've been excited to see them perform the dance we've taken them to class every Thursday to practice. ;)








They did a fantastic job! Reaghan had the special job of being at the end of the line and leading her class around the stage in a circle at one point in the song. Her teacher paid her a high compliment when she told me she could only trust certain kids with a roll like that.
 I was so nervous that she would miss her cue from her teacher on recital day! I mean, appropriately nervous for a toddler ballet recital, I wasn't majorly stressing, just to be clear! But then to make my mommy nerves worse, when they were lead onto the stage by one of the helpers, Reaghan was in the wrong spot! She wasn't at the end of the line.  I couldn't wait to see what she was going to do when her part came, but I sure did beam with joy when she saw her cue to lead the circle and she stepped out from where she was in the line and just started circling! It took the other girls a second to see her go, but they all fell in line behind her and it was adorable.

A toddler ballet recital is definitely more adorable to watch when there are hiccups. 

Reaghan has matured a lot this past year taking dance class and I love seeing her shine. 
It's been a challenge for me as a parent to meet her where she is in her timid and reserved personality. I fail a lot by trying to push her to be something she's not. Most of the time it's because I don't want her to come across as rude to others or be disobedient when I've asked her to say or do something in front of someone else. I know she's only 3 {almost 4!} but I believe that I what I instill in her now is instrumental in shaping her. So I've been praying for wisdom and trying so hard to know the balance of pushing her to grow and step outside of herself but also allowing her to flourish at her own pace within her God-given personality. Watching her enjoy her dance class all year and then not even batting an eye at performing on stage in front of a hundred plus people brought me more joy as a mama than I knew it would. The tuition and costume fee's were worth it. ; )









Lots of family came to watch her dance. Which was really nice since she was only onstage for 2 minutes out of an hour and a half show! The only one missing was her favorite Aunt Nin Nin who was at home laboring and getting ready to bring her first boy cousin into the world the next day!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments