My New Favorite Recipe

By Meg - 8:05 PM

I mentioned in my last post that I've been following an eating plan called Trim Healthy Mama, which I'm not the poster child for at all, but it has really helped me lose some overall weight and tummy bloat! I started it last summer and its really the only "diet" that I've stuck with for this long! I don't follow it 100% of the time but try to stay on plan Monday - Friday which means all of our dinners are structured around their eating plan.

Sometimes I need a little variety in our dinners so go searching on pinterest for something that's compliant with THM and recently I found a good one!

We love sweet potatoes here. Mark still loads his up with butter and brown sugar (the way I used to eat them too!) but since THM I've been eating with a small bit of olive and salt and shredded chicken. I still love it, but when I saw this recipe I was definitely willing to try a new way to eat a Sweet Potato.


It's a twice baked sweet potato with buffalo shredded chicken on top.
I'm not a huge fan of spicy things so I didn't put near as much hot sauce in my chicken as she did. She calls for 1/4 of a cup... I only put in 2 teaspoons! But the rest of the flavor was delicious.

It also has a little bit of cheese mixed in. 

I don't know why I never thought to mix cheese with a sweet potato, but it's delicious! Whyyyyyy is cheese always so delicious?!? I couldn't live without cheese.

Anyways. 
This is on the menu for us again this week because I loved it that much {and need to use up the left over shredded chicken from the first time!} So I thought I would share it here. The link below will take you right to the blog, TJ's Taste, where I first found it!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments