Race Day Junkie

By Meg - 8:50 PM

I love to run. Scratch that. I love to run races. The thrill of race day is what makes all the long, sometimes boring and monotonous and often times very difficult training days worth it. I get so excited when its time pick up my race packet the day before a race! And there's no words to describe the adrenaline rush I get when I pin on my race number and find my spot in the corral surrounded by thousands of other runners. That feeling is what inspired me to run my first 1/2 Marathon after participating in only a 1.4 mile "race'".

I'm a race day junkie.

With that being said, the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon is less than 2 weeks away and I can feel the excitement building inside of me! It's motivating me to finish my last long run this Friday before the race. Unfortunately (or, well I don't really know if it's unfortunate or not yet) it's also motivating me to do crazy things like, oh I don't know, REGISTER FOR A FULL MARATHON!

No I'm not joking, I really did sign up for my first Full Marathon in the OBX this November. Am I scared to death? Absolutely! Do I dread the long hours of training and giving up sleeping in on Saturday? Definitely. Does the thought of that Race Day make it all seem possible? No question about it!

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with becoming my man's 31 woman, and so this might not be the most appropriate outlet for this information. But I like to think that training for long races cultivates and improves a hard work ethic, self motivation, and health - Which are all necessary attributes when considering the wife in Proverbs 31.
So once the wedding bells have been rung and the honeymoon enjoyed, I'll jump right into Marathon training! Well, maybe I'll enjoy a few sleep in Saturday's with my new husband first. : )


"She sets about her work vigorously; 
her arms are strong for her tasks."
Proverbs 31:17




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments