1 Year Anniversary

By Meg - 8:52 PM



Mark and I celebrated our 1 YEAR Anniversary this past weekend.

1 year? Already? Really??? Wow.

I can't believe I've been living with my husband, in our new home, as a married couple for a year already. I guess time flies when you're having fun. :)

We celebrated our 1 year by heading to the OBX for a little R&R.

Here are a few snap shots from our trip:



Our Hotel Room :)
Mark and I did a lot of traveling this past year and I'm still not over the thrill of getting to stay in the same hotel room as him. 


We had a balcony with a great view of the ocean.


After we checked into the hotel Mark had a surprise for me...


He looked at the traditional anniversary gift list and saw that a gift of Paper was traditional for year 1.
He put a creative spin on something paper and bought us a kite to fly together at Jockey's Ridge.


It just so happened to be the best, blustery day possible for flying kites. :)


He's sort of a pro at it.


But he got tired after a while. :)


I don't mean to brag or anything buuuttt I was pretty great at flying the air plane kite too.


One day I'll remember to stop pulling my hair back in buns and ponytails so I can look cute in the unexpected moments of fun and memories that we capture in photos.
(Like the night Mark proposed!)


The foot prints we left in the sand on our way down the dunes.


Friday night we had a casual dinner at Mark's favorite BBQ place. 


PIGMAN's! 
I'm not a huge Pulled Pork, Carolina Style, BBQ fan. Actually I don't like it all. But they had a delicious beef brisket BBQ so I enjoyed that while Mark savored his pulled pork.


After dinner we did some shopping at the outlet stores there. Fortunately they weren't having that great of sales, so I refrained from spending too much. :)

 

Saturday we spent the day at the beach together.


Mark splurged for some top scale beach snacks. It definitely beats the usual of Sun Chips and Wheat Thins that we take to the beach.


Just some fun editing I did of a picture. Probably my favorite from the trip. :)

It would be nice to always have someone around to take a picture for you, because this is just not the most flattering of poses. Especially when you're all dressed up.


Some Sea Food on Water Front.


We enjoyed some local catch flounder, she crab soup, and coconut shrimp.

We tried to get some cute pictures outside but it was just little too windy for that to happen. : /


A little Cotton Gin Shopping after dinner... My Mr. Right. ; )

I don't know about you, but some sort of dessert is always a must for me after special dinners. Ice cream was deliciously messy on this particular night. 


Some Anniversary Presents for Mark. Joullies for his coffee cup. Just a little something practical to go along with his big present.

 
My sister Erin Helped me make a Pinterest Inspired Project. He was super excited about it!


All of his old Tshirts that he didn't wear any more but didn't want to get rid of made into a blanket for him. :) It turned out wayyyy better than I thought it would, most of the thanks to Erin's sewing skills.


The Sweetest of cards. I love cards and I've probably saved every card Mark has ever gotten me.

Mark bought me Tom's! I've been dying to get a pair.

  

Sporting my new shoes... And also my dress since I didn't really get a good picture of it before. :)


We ended the night with some sparkling grape juice and the top of our wedding cake.
Which unfortunately turned out to be inedible. Darn Freezer Burn. 
But it was fun unwrapping it, setting it out and reminiscing about our cake cutting during the reception.


Enjoying some sparkling grape juice :)


We got up early the next morning, the day of our actual anniversary, to have breakfast since we would be heading home right after to spend some time celebrating Mothers Day with our Beautiful Mama's.
{Again, this pose, not really working for us ;)}


French Toast for me, Waffles for my man. :)


When we got home I had my sister Mallory take some pictures of us to officially commemorate our ONE YEAR Anniversary. I want to buy a photo album and put one picture along with a memory from that anniversary each year. It will be fun to see how we change over the years.


Happy Anniversary Mark Thomas.

Thank you for loving me, learning to live with me this past year and for choosing me to be your partner in what will be the adventure of a lifetime.

Thank you for the best year of my life so far.

Here's to many, many more.
















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments