Just becoming a little Baby Wise

By Meg - 5:46 PM

Parent directed feeding vs. feeding on demand.

Nursing Schedules.

Sleeping Schedules.

Nursing Techniques.

Burping Techniques.

Monitoring Baby's Growth.

Signs of proper vs. improper nutrition.

How many wet diapers to expect.

And the list goes on and on and on and I am devouring the information as if my life depended on it. Thanks to my mom and many other influential women in my life, this is the first book that was recommended to set my feet on solid ground as I begin my mommy research...


As an older sister to 4 younger siblings I like to proudly think that I've got a little bit of a head start on this mommy thing, as in, I won't be a total newbie when it comes to caring for a baby. And thanks to my upbringing of being homeschooled and always knowing I would end up staying home with my kids I have in fact read similar books growing up during school. HOWEVER, when it hits you that you will be the primary care-giver aka giver of baby's life aka sustainer of baby's life aka mommy - it makes you want to go back a really read and glean any information you can get your hands on. So far I'm liking everything I've read in this book so far in regards to parent directed feeding and scheduling. That will definitely be my plan. But we still have a long way to go...


We are just at 16 weeks today and had our 4 month appointment this past Wednesday. Baby Poindexter's heartbeat came in at 150 beats per minute - on the higher end of the spectrum - which according to old wives tales indicates that Baby Poindexter is a girl... ?!?!? We will have our answer April 23rd!

Aside from baby news we are prepping for a pretty major project at the house. In the next few weeks we are going to be ripping up the flooring in every room in our house except the bedrooms to replace the carpet/tile/old laminate with brand spanking new laminate wood flooring! I'm so excited and can't wait to share pictures of the before/during/after! Hopefully I get myself back into a better blogging schedule : )


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments