See Lilly Grow! {9 Months}

By Meg - 8:58 PM


I'm a little over a week late in posting this! Grrrr... but better late than never! We had a fun October picking apples and pumpkins and dressing up for Harvest parties! Now we're headed into Thanksgiving and Christmas and I can't wait!


Size
At her 9 month check up she weighed 18 pounds and 8 oz. 56th percentile for weight, 60th for head size and 75th for height which was surprising to me because she doesn't seem tall to me. She's a good 2 pounds heavier than her sister was at this age. She's wearing both 9 month and 12 month clothes depending on the brand.

Health
Finally got her first tooth! Bottom left one poked through on Oct 24th, at 8 1/2 months. 

Feeding
She's eating a lot more table foods now. She loves little pieces of anything I give her off of my plate, even chicken, ground turkey, eggs, bread. All the things! She loves little yogurt melts and puffs. Can eat an applesauce pouch faster than her big sissy. Still loves to nurse and thinks that acrobatics are a part of feeding. My milk supply has really dropped this past month with her eating more foods so my let down takes a while and she gets so distracted waiting for the milk to come! She pulls off a bajillion times because its taking too long for her which of course just means it takes even longer! Going to get some fenugreek tea this week to see if I can boost my supply a little bit. I definitely want to keep nursing until we reach 12 months at least. 

Sleeping
She is finally sleeping through the night 90% of the time. Goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 and usually sleeps until 7:30-8. Every once in a while she'll wake up and need me to get her paci for her, sometimes {like last night} she refuses to sleep unless she's fed again. With Reaghan it stressed me out if I was feeding my baby in the middle of the night at this age, but with Lilly... well, since most of the time she's sleeping through the night and since she literally will cry for hours unless I feed her, I just feed her so we can both go back to bed. If it starts happening regularly I'll stick to my guns and win the cry it out battle, but if its just every once in a while.... *shrugs* she'll eventually not feed at all and I'll miss it. I know now how fast it goes. She still takes 2-2.5 hour naps in the afternoon! Morning naps are usually little cat naps. Very flexible when out and about though and doesn't get fussy if she doesn't get her usual naps.

Likes
She likes her teething toys, especially when they are nice and cold. She likes to splash in the bath, bang on high chair trays and drum toys. She likes to give kisses to big sissy's baby dolls. Everything goes into her mouth, especially paper things! We have to watch her like a hawk! She likes rattles, and playing peek a boo. She still wants to play with whatever Reaghan is playing with and get into her doll house, kitchen set, puzzles and magazines. She also loves Piper's dog toys and dog dishes. I've caught her with a dog toy in her mouth so many times! *gag* 

Dislikes
She doesn't like to be read to, mostly because she doesn't like to sit still. She doesn't like when we wipe her face or try to teach her sign language. I'm trying to teach her more and please instead of screaming/screeching for more food, but she throws a fit every time I hold her hands to show her.  She doesn't like to be far from mommy... she crawls around behind me and pulls herself up on me as soon as I stop moving. Its endearing until its not because I keep having to bend down to peel her off of me or pick her up to move again! 


Milestones
She's a cruising and crawling pro. All over the place all the time! She is moving all around in her little walker. She is starting to let go of the couch and stand on her own for a few seconds before falling back to her bum. She can wave "bye-bye" now. She likes to make growling sounds and say mama and dada, and nana... but honestly most of the time she just squeals and screams. She can point with her finger, but not at anything in particular. She gives kisses. She recognizes and responds to her name. She can't clap but likes to put her hands together and twist them back and forth. Her new thing is to share something or show me what she picks up. I love it, its adorable!







Sibling Love
Lilly thinks everything Reaghan does is super funny. They love to make each other laugh, which is the best. Recently I've allowed Reaghan to get up in the morning to go to the bathroom instead of waiting for me to get her up and so if she hears Lilly up when she gets up she'll go into Lilly's room and play with her until I go and get them. She tosses all sorts of toys in to her crib and then stands on a stool looking into the crib and talking to her. *heart melt* She loves to put Lilly's hands together and teach her to pray.  

Special Events/Outings
We went on another vacation to the mountains last month. She did pretty good on the 4 hour car ride. We only had to stop once each way, which was great for both her and Reaghan. She dressed up as Curious George for her first Halloween/Harvest Festivals and was the cutest monkey ever. Went to the Pumpkin Patch for the first time. Had a special babysitting night with Uncle Noah while mommy and daddy took Reag to the Lion King. 






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments