Thanksgiving {2017}

By Meg - 9:54 PM

Thanksgiving this year was full of me trying to instill the purpose of Thanksgiving in my 3 year old. I introduced her to to pilgrims and indians {Native Americans?}We read lots of Thanksgiving books and made lots of turkey and pilgrim crafts. I don't know how much of it she actually retained but that's okay! I'm Thankful for the opportunity to stay home with her and choose the things that get poured into her mind and spirit.


The night before Thanksgiving Reaghan stayed up a little past her bedtime with me and helped me make desserts. I'm so Thankful that she loves to be her mama's big helper and thankful for the way her smile lights up her face when I tell her we're going to have big girl time together.



We spent the morning hanging out, watching the parade and reading the ads. Lilly Jean was super excited about all of the great sales. I'm so Thankful for her fun and feisty personality, she literally challenges us at every stage but gives us the best belly laughs along the way!


I am Thankful for my 2 healthy, beautiful girls.


I am Thankful for the way they love each other. 


I'm so Thankful that I get to be their mommy. I'm Thankful for the grace they give me day after day and the love that I don't deserve. I am humbled by their beautiful souls and pretty faces. 


When we were all ready to go we headed over to Mark's granny's to have lunch with his family. His granny makes delicious homemade bread and creamy mashed potatoes. I'm thankful that we'll have pictures of his sweet granny loving on our girls. 


I'm thankful for fun Aunts and cousins and fun holiday crafts to do together.


After lunch we headed over to my parents house where my mom had a beautiful table set. We got there right at the end of them eating their late lunch feast and joined in for our second round. (I mostly just ate more mashed potatoes and green bean casserole!)  I'm Thankful for 2 families that we get to celebrate with!


Reaghan, of course, ate fruit and crackers for her Thanksgiving feast {pickiest. eater. ever.}  while Lilly thoroughly enjoyed every bite of food that someone would share with her. I'm so thankful for a hearty eater! 



I'm thankful for my mom and the way she loves Reag and Lilly.  


And this guy. He is what I'm most thankful for. 
He loves me, he laughs with me, he leads me even when I resist. He give me grace and forgiveness. He is the driving force behind this beautiful life that I have. 


Of course we ended our Thanksgiving with a little Black Friday shopping with the girls!
We LOVE shopping on black Friday. We even had shirts made this year! haha

We drink coffee, walk around all the stores, try not to buy things just because they're on sale , you know - the usual! I got the girls Christmas gifts pretty much done and Mark's big present too! I didn't even spend that much! Oh yea!



I lost my phone in Khols, and I'm so thankful that someone found it and turned it in to customer service! {lesson learned, don't bring phone out to take selfies at 12am... you're brain is probably too tired to remember to pick it back up after you set it down to try on boots. Leave. phone. in. purse. :)}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments