See Lilly Grow! {10 months}

By Meg - 12:51 PM

I am 2 weeks late in posting this... her ten month "birthday" was 14 days ago. This Christmas season has been so busy so far even with all of attempts to keep things slow. I guess its just the nature of the season with kids! We've been having fun, but hopping on this blog here with updates has been low on the totem pole of priorities! I have a lot of updates to try and squeeze in before Christmas, but we'll see if it happens!






Size
She is wearing mostly 12 month outfits, I bought her a 12 month Christmas dress at a consignment shop the other day and it was almost too small for her! I couldn't believe it. She even wears some 12-18 month shirts, and size 3 diapers.

Health
At 9 1/2 months she got her second bottom tooth! She also had a horrible cold that lasted 12 days. She was so stuffed up and congested and even spiked a fever to 102 the first day. We had to raise one end of her mattress up to help her sleep, suck her snot out before every sleep which she hated! I basically had to put her on the floor and "sit" on her to keep her still to do it effectively. I even took her in to the doctors on like day 10 because she started wheezing. Dr said it was just congestion so.... I'm never taking this girl in to the drs again because every time I do its really nothing. *rolls eyes* but I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Feeding
Last month I was really worried about my supply and being able to nurse until 12 months but I did buy the Fenugreek tea and it totally helped! Oatmeal for breakfast and the tea boosted it right back! It's still less overall but that's normal because she is nursing less. She usually nurses around 4 times a day, Morning, Pre-afternoon nap, post nap and bed time. She basically eats everything. She loves deli meat, and any type of chicken that I'll share with her. Still loves her graham crackers. Likes to gnaw on pizza crust and soft pretzels. Reaghan loves to share her oatmeal with her in the morning. She can hold her own pouch to eat out of it. She loves to drink water from a sippy cup or straw.  

Sleeping
Thankfully still sleeping through the night 90% of the time. The couple of weeks that she was sick through her off a bit but of course I fed and snuggled her when she woke up since she wasn't feeling good. We took an overnight trip to Williamsburg and she did not sleep well in her pack n play so slept in the bed with us and she spent the night with Grammie recently and ended up in her bed too. Sooo.. apparently she needs her own crib to sleep all night. She still takes morning cat naps and great long, afternoon naps though so I will not complain! She will not fall asleep in a stroller or in your arms. Falls asleep on her own in her crib.

Likes
She basically loves to get into everything! She is an explorer and oh so curious. She likes to find remotes and the key to the gas fireplace *facepalm*.  She loves to try and crawl into the bathroom... I have to make sure I keep the door shut so she doesn't try to get to the toilet! Always trying to get into the dog dish, Always trying to pull sissy's window stickers off the window. She goes right for the pantry if I leave the door open... especially loves to pull out to the plastic cups and canned goods. Goes right for the dishwasher when I'm trying to put dishes away. She loves when I let her pull out all of my plastic storage containers while I fix dinner. She likes to sing "How big is Lilly?!" but can't lift her arms on her own yet. She is getting better at letting me read her books and likes to reach out and touch the touch and feel spots. She loves when Reag and I crawl around on the floor so she can chase after us. She thinks it so funny when she hangs upside down and she loves to give ni-night kisses to sissy and daddy. She likes when daddy dances her to the cha cha slide! She likes to be carried in the ergo carrier.

Dislikes
She still refuses to do sign language! I know she can do it but she's totally choosing not too. She does not like to sit still for anything... bath time, diaper changes, just in general! I am trying to practice with her at home because she is having a hard time making it through a church service because she is so squirmy and chatty! She is not interested in TV like her big sissy was. She doesn't like to go running with me in the stroller which has really discouraged me from running as much as I want to because she fusses the whole time. I think its because she'd rather be running. haha You can tell how much she likes to sit still from our monthly pictures this time! : )


Milestones
She can finally clap her hands!! She can give high fives and loves to do it! She started taking a step or 2 at a time!!! We love to practice with her every night. We thought she'd be walking by Christmas but she can't seem to get past the second step... really its like a step and a half. She is so close though. She stands really well on her own, especially if she's holding something in her hand.





Sibling Love
Reaghan is teaching Lilly how to share... "let sissy have it." She is working on trading toys with Lilly if Lil takes something she was playing with, so she can get her toy back. Lilly can be a little rough sometimes with grabbing faces and hair but Reaghan always takes it like a champ and gives sweet reminders... "Be nice Lilly, be nice. Don't hurt big sissy." Reaghan still calls her sweet heart and always makes sure she has a toy to take when we leave the house or that her sun shade is pulled up on her car seat.



Special Events/Outings
She celebrated her first Thanksgiving and loved all of the food! Decorated her first Christmas tree and Christmas cookies. She's done way better with the tree and presents than I thought she would. I was not looking forward to her terrorizing the tree all season but she's actually been so good about it! We have to tell her no every once in a while but she's mostly left it alone! Went to Christmas Town twice and she enjoyed Aunt Nin Nin carrying her in the Ergo carrier almost the whole time. 



I always feel like her monthly updates say negative things about her... I mean, Lilly Jean is our crazy girl but we sure do love her for it! She brings all the spunk and attitude to our family that we could ever need right now! I can't wait to celebrate Christmas morning with her and can not believe she is getting so close to being a year old!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments