Reaghan's Big Day {Tiny Tot Choir + Dance Recital}

By Meg - 9:36 PM

Remember when I wrote that Reaghan was starting dance class this fall? Her Winter Showcase was last weekend and it was a-dorable.


This entire fall I've had so much fun taking Reaghan to dance class every Thursday evening. She gets so excited when she wakes up from her nap and I tell her its time to get ready for dance. I was worried about how she would do in the class without me there watching since she is not very outgoing but from day 1 she hasn't hesitated. I love watching her walk in to class confidently taking her bag to her little cubby and sitting on her blue dot on the floor and then emerging 45 minutes later so proud of herself and eager to tell me all that she did! It's been fun as a mom watching her enjoy something that's building her confidence and her independence. 

Along with dance class we've also being doing a Tiny Tot choir at church on Sunday evenings practicing two Christmas songs to share with the congregation during the Christmas Season. My sister-in-law Ann and I have been leading the class and wouldn't you know that the day to sing fell on the same day as the girls first dance recital!?! Thankfully the girls show time was in the evening so the times didn't conflict but it made for a fun, busy day! I made sure we got some pictures that morning of the girls in their Christmas dresses. (That I snagged at the consignment shop right up the road from me. I don't always shop second hand, but when it comes to holiday outfits, its the best way to go because they're always in great condition!)


This was another area I wasn't too sure that Reaghan would do well in. She does great in class singing her songs and doing the hand motions when I'm in there leading it but I worried that when she got on stage to sing in front of the whole church she wouldn't want to go through with it. She totally surprised me and wasn't phased a bit! I can't believe how much she's matured this past year. 



After church we made sure we came home and got a nap before her second "performance" of the day. She doesn't always need a nap any more, but I know being center of attention takes a lot out of my introverted toddler so recharging with a nap was definitely a priority. I didn't want any melt downs at the little recital.


Cousins waiting together backstage!


I almost grabbed our nicer camera but then decided I didn't want to lug it around... ugh, I should've brought it because the iphone just couldn't capture great pictures in the darkened room. 
When they first came out I was a little worried because Reaghan (second.. well really 3rd... in line) had her head down and finger in her mouth. Her classic nervous habits that we've been working on overcoming. I thought oh no, this isn't going to go well.


But once they were all lined up and the music started playing she perked right up!


They did a little dance to "Let it Snow" and it was precious with their twirls, plies and passe's. 
I thought I might die of cuteness. (I literally almost did die of cuteness when another 3-4 year old class came out dressed as reindeer and did a tap dance routine! I don't know how I made it through that one.)


You can't have a dance recital without the daddy bringing the little ballerina some flowers!


She also got a little ballerina doll and a rose from her Grammie and Pop Pop.


Her aunts and uncles came to see her dance and Mark's parents were there too of course for both of their grand-girls. They brought the girls a little ballerina ornament for the tree. 



Mark and I talk a lot about what we want our kids participation in things like dance and sports to look like as they grow older. We love the opportunity for character growth and personal development that comes along with these types of activities but we want there to be a realistic balance between their activity of choice and our family life. Of course, that's looking quite a few years in to the future! We're just now getting our feet wet in this world of extra curricular activities with our 3 year old and right now we are completely enjoying this new season watching our Reaghan become a big girl!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments