Dance Class

By Meg - 3:06 PM

We are entering uncharted territory this fall with Reaghan...

We've signed her up for dance class! We are entering into the world of organized activities with our kids. The world where you have to get them to a certain place every week, buy them certain items to participate in said activity and cheer them on as they grow and learn. All summer we were talking about signing her up for something this fall and we were trying to decide between soccer and dance. She loves to run and kick the ball (a girl after her mama's own heart!) but soccer meant games every Saturday... usually early games... SO we totally made a selfish decision and chose dance instead! haha We figure we have YEARS ahead of us of getting up early on Saturday mornings for sporting events so why not postpone it at least another year? Lucky for us, Reaghan is also really into wearing tutu's, twirling around, and doing anything that makes her feel like a princess. (This part of her is definitely not after her mama, but I'm completely on board with loving and promoting all princess activities in this house.)

Choosing dance worked out for us in the end because my sister in law also wanted to sign her little girl up for dance so now Reaghan will be taking taking ballet and tap with her cousin Brooklyn every Thursday night.

Their studio had an open house last week so we took the girls to meet their teacher and get fitted for their ballet and tap shoes.


A couple days before I had found adorable leotards and dance shirts on sale at Old Navy so of course I had to get them for her. (Also those sandals were on sale for $5! I wish I had a pair.)


Unfortunately at the open house I learned that they can only wear black leotards and pink tights to class, but they can wear any kind of tutu or skirt over it. *face palm* so I returned all of the leotards back to Old Navy. First lesson of putting your children in organized activities - don't buy anything until you know for sure what the need! haha

Reaghan has a very timid personality so I'm eager to see how she does and I think this will be a good opportunity for her to grow. She'll be in the class by herself while I sit in the waiting area and she doesn't have much experience with that since she stays home with me. I think having Brooklyn there with her will help her be less nervous.


On the way home from the open house we stopped and got ourselves a little end of summer treat.
Reaghan experienced m&m blizzards for the first time this year and she loves them!

Classes officially start on September 14th so I'll let you know how it goes!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments