Moana Birthday Party

By Meg - 8:35 PM

As I mentioned in my last post about all that Reaghan loves at 3 years of age, she L O V E S Moana.

Have you seen it? Reaghan was hooked after the first time she watched it and I actually enjoy it too. Which if you know me isn't that surprising because I love me some Disney movies. We listen to the songs on repeat pretty regularly and are actually headed to our local Zoo tomorrow evening because they are showing Moana on their outside screen! SO of course Reaghan's birthday had to have a Moana theme.

Do you do themed birthdays? We've kept Reaghan's parties family only up to this point, and probably will until she's 5 or so, but we still enjoy having a little theme to go along with it. Someone was selling some pretty intense Moana decorations on our facebook yard sale site (complete with a boat made out of pallets that had a sail!) that were super adorable but I realized that would be going overboard a bit. We did buy some Moana balloons, plates and napkins and then just used some dollar tree table cloths and streamers and a bouquet of carnations from the grocery store. A friend made some killer cupcakes and I had fun creating a super easy Moana cake. (That looked better than it tasted... thank goodness for the baker friends cupcakes!) I think its fun to see Reaghan excited about the decorations that we put up for her birthday. I love that it makes her day special and memorable. She is still enjoying her Moana balloons almost 2 weeks later so it was worth the money spent. : )


Our 3 year old excited for her party! 



Grammie bought the girls matching Moana shirts to wear for the party and of course this is the only picture I got of them together! *face palm* 
My family came over a little early so they got the girls up from their naps and got them dressed while I finished up with the food. Mom's and sisters are the best.



The yummy treats! The Moana cupcakes were topped with pretzels and a sugared pie crust triangle to make up the canoe. I used Reaghan's Moana figurines for the cake topper.





The broken pirouette cookies made the cake take on an island theme without any skill involved at all! haha I highly recommend using them on cakes to hide the fact that you were trying to be all professional and pipe icing on to the cake! I mean, I was going for an ocean look anyways, so the funky piping just looks like waves right? Right. Also crumbled graham crackers also do a great job at hiding imperfections! 




Aunt Erin bought Reaghan some clip on earrings because she is all about all of the girly things, and she gave them to her early so she could wear them to the party.
She was so happy to see herself with earrings on!


Reaghan's favorite guest ~ Cousin Brooklyn.



I tried to get a little crafty and shaped the "Heart of Tefiti" stone from the movie out of clay the day before and let Reaghan and the cousins paint them during the party and then added some string so they could all have a necklace like Moana.



If you remember from last year, my parents bought Reaghan a fish tank for her birthday. She has really enjoyed having fish this past year and 2 of the 4 original fish my dad bought her are still alive! I've never had fish live this long! haha PopPop bought her a new fish to add to her tank this year.

More Presents: 



How do you do gifts with your kids at parties? We try to put an emphasis on the cards people place with their gifts and ensure that Reaghan looks at each person to thank them, as well as offer hugs. We make sure Reaghan takes her time appreciating each gift before moving on to the next.  We really want to cultivate a spirit of gratefulness in our girls and not entitlement! We make sure we talk about how she should receive gifts for several days leading up to the party and even practice it with her so she is prepared for how she should act. We've found that practicing situations before they happen really helps Reaghan to respond appropriately since she tends to have a shy personality. We don't want her shyness to be an excuse for being rude.



I love that Mark thought to get a gift for Reaghan that would be just from Lilly.
Reaghan loved that her little sister got her this Play Dough set. {Even if she makes sure that Lilly doesn't go anywhere near it when she is playing with it!}


The only family picture we got from the day!


Oh my sweet Reaghan Eileen.
Daddy and I love you so much and get so much joy celebrating your special day with you. We pray that as you grow you would be a bright and shining star in your generation. May your light always shine  brightly before men so that they might see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments