See Lilly Grow {8 months}

By Meg - 10:06 PM


I love my little 8 month old. She is fun and feisty and fearless. She's our go with the flow girl. I'm a little in denial that its been 8 months since she was born, but I'm super excited for this new season. We had a fun first summer with her and now we're heading into fall and the holidays! 


Size
She's definitely gone through a growth spurt this past month! She's wearing 9 and 12 month clothes. Getting heavier but she's a shorty like her sissy, so some of the 12 month pants are a little long on her. 

Health
Thankful for my healthy baby. No teeth yet!

Feeding
She's down to nursing about 5 times a day and eating real foods for lunch, snacks and dinner. Graham crackers are her favorite snack. She loves  the sippy cup, she can hold but hasn't figured out the tipping up part yet.  She can pick things up and bring them to her mouth now. She's getting a few more likes and dislikes with her tastes when it comes to baby food, so far her dislikes are peas, a pouch that has grape in it and any food mixed with her rice cereal. She still spits up a lot so I try to mix her food with rice cereal to thicken it up... she doesn't like it ha! I can't wait for the day when her spitting up stops, because now its orange, green and yellow colored. 

Sleeping
We finally had it out one night with the sleep regression! She fussed on and off for about 2 1/2 hours with me going in every 10-15 minutes to pat her back and reassure her. She finally fell asleep for good and has been sleeping much better ever since! She's not 100% yet. Sometimes she'll wake up around 4 or 5... if its after 5 I'll feed her. I don't know, nothing hard and fast here, I just want her to develop a good sleep pattern and I would love to sleep all night! She is still taking an awesome long nap in the afternoon, 2-3 hours, and usually takes a small morning nap as well.

Likes
She has a whole box full of her own toys but really only wants to play with whatever big sissy is playing with. Especially sissy's doll house figures. She likes to pull herself up on her little fisher price play table, sissy's table, the dishwasher and the fireplace. Everything goes in the mouth! She loves to interact with people and give kisses... or eat faces... depending on how you look at it. : ) She likes to play peek a boo! She's super ticklish and loves to laugh. She likes to growl and squeal. She loves Piper and Piper loves it when she drops her some food.

Dislikes
She still doesn't like to sit still. She is learning the word no and gets very mad when its repeated to her. She doesn't like it when I takes too long to feed her food. Every once in a while she 

Milestones
She is crawling all over the place! She is everywhere! AND she started pulling herself up on furniture or anything she can and is even starting to cruise along things. I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but she might be walking before she's a year old. We bought her one of those walkers you sit in and push around to keep her somewhat contained and safe. She sort of likes it, except for the fact that she doesn't like to be contained and has little understanding of safety just yet. She says "Dada" all of the time now but not sure she associates it with her daddy. No mama sounds anymore. She recently realized she can stick out her tongue, so she's following in her sisters footsteps. ; )

Sibling Love
Me - "Reaghan what do you love about Lilly?" Reaghan - "I love to make her laugh. I love to play with her. I love to give her kisses. I love teach her how to crawl. I love to feed her." The last one is a little bit of a lie I think because Reaghan actually gags when she tries to feed her the baby food. haha

Special Events/Outings
We've been to lots of volleyball games! She does really well because people love to entertain her. She went to the children's museum and the zoo for a movie night where she secretly ate popcorn. We went to Smithfield and got family pictures taken!


She started getting mad at the picture taking because she just wants to crawl around and get in to all of the things!


Paci to the rescue!
This is her totally bored, can we get this over with soon?


Reaghan loves to help me with these monthly pictures.
She holds toys and makes Lilly smile for me and can't wait until its her turn to be in the picture with her little sissy!


Oh my sweet darlings,  you are my favorite part of every day. <3

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments