Apple Orchard {2017}

By Meg - 8:50 PM


We took our annual fall trip to the mountains to pick apples this past week! It is definitely a trip I look forward to every year and this year was our first time with Lilly. Every time I go on vacation I remember how un-vacation like it is with little kids, BUT at the same time, how much fun it is. I mean, what did I do on this trip before I had babies to take care of??? Yes it would be more relaxing if it were just Mark and I, but it would seem a little meaningless...

We both took more time off of work this year. Usually we only go up for a long weekend, but we stayed for 5 days this time. There is always so much to do, we are busy every day!

Saturday: Our week this year fell earlier in October than usual so we were up there for our favorite craft festival - Dayton Days. I bought homemade bibs, a cute dance bag for Reag for Christmas, and bows! We ate fried apple pies and funnel cakes! Kind of bummed that it was 80 degrees out and we didn't have crisp, chilly air.






Sunday: We went to Luray Caverns. I had never been before! Aside from Mark being annoyed that I made him drag the double Bob stroller down into the caverns where it didn't really fit, and then carry it back up steep steps {when the girls didn't even sit in it that much} we had a great time!




Love you honey!
Monday: We let the girls do a pony ride, went to some of our favorite little country shops and the park that we discovered last year. Reaghan was so brave! I didn't expect her to want to ride pony at all, but as soon as we suggested it she wanted to do it. Then I was almost positive that once we actually got there and she saw the pony she would change her mind and I was trying to decide if I would push her to do it or just let it be, but she surprised me! She saw the pony and had to go into the ring without me and never changed her mind! I was so proud of her. <3












Tuesday: Apple Picking Day! It was way too hot to pick apples! It is no fun sweating in the sun when you want to be wearing scarves and boots to pick fall apples, but we had apple slushies instead of hot apple cider and it was delicious so I guess that made up for it. : )







                                        




Wednesday: On our last day we visited the best Children's museum that I have ever been to. It made me want to be a kid again. It was seriously my little girls dream come true with a real life-like kitchen, a news room with a green screen and tv's that made it look like you were forecasting the weather, a stage area with movable back drops and back stage dressing rooms, farm area, craft area, and doctors area with x ray and an ambulance. SO. FUN. Man, I didn't even take that many pictures because I was having so much fun playing with Reaghan and Brooklyn. I'm not joking when I say I can't want to go back next year!




       

So grateful for these annual trips we get to take and the memories we make each year! Now to use all of apples we picked for delicious treats!

                                        

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments