Christmas Eve {2017}

By Meg - 2:17 PM


Christmas Eve Morning!


I don't know about you but I loved that Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year. Since we usually do Christmas dinner and gifts with Mark's family on Christmas Eve we don't go to our church's Christmas Eve candlelight service. This is something that I've missed since getting married because it was always a part of my family's tradition growing up, so it was so special to be at church again for Christmas Eve this year, even if there weren't any candles.


I was so excited for the girls to wear these beautiful dresses on Christmas Eve. I found them at Old Navy on Black Friday! I saw Reaghan's and thought it was adorable but couldn't find one in Lilly's size anywhere. My sister Sara made it her mission to search for one and I can still see her waving the dress in the air from across the store saying "I found one, I found one!" *sigh* I love Black Friday memories.





After the service we went home to grab our gifts and food and then headed over to Mark's parents for a fun day of gift giving, eating and playing!


I had to snap a couple more pictures while we waited for the cousins to get there. 
The shoes and bows! I love having little girls.



Opening their stockings from BB and Tom Tom


They got music box jewelry boxes with their names on them and a spinning ballerina inside.



Reaghan loved the little cleaning set that she got! The girls went around "cleaning up spit up" off the floor. haha something that we've had to do regularly this last year with our spit up baby!


We finished the night with baths, Christmas PJ's and the Christmas story read by Uncle Jason.


One day they'll be old enough to sleep together in the same room the night before Christmas! 
I thought about it briefly when I took the first picture of Lilly looking so sleepy and the two of them looking so cuddly next to each other. But thought was nixed pretty fast as soon as Lilly spit her pacifier out. haha She's not ready to be out of her crib yet, even for just one special night!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments