Blizzard 2018!

By Meg - 12:33 PM


Last week we had a blizzard blow through coastal, VA! Like a legit snowstorm blizzard. Crazy enough we had a big snow the exact same time last year, and we thought that was a lot of snow! We had maybe 6 inches or so and truly, thats a big snow for this area, but it was nothing compared to this year! We got 12 inches this time around! It was crazy, and then it stuck around for a good week because the temps here were below freezing for several days. I never remember having this much snow for this long when I was kid, I would've loved it just like Reaghan loves it! She got to go out and play in it several days... it's not quite as much fun as a parent haha am I right?!

I mean, don't get me wrong. I had fun playing out in the snow with her and watching her love it, but it takes us a good 30 minutes to get all bundled up, I'm exhausted before I even get out there! and then there is all the laundry afterwards. I'm totally on board with it for the first 24, maaayyybbee 48 hours. But after that... The snow can go! I was definitely getting cabin fever by day 4 of being stuck at home because the roads were so bad.

I finally did run to the store on the aforementioned day 4 and somehow in my excitement of getting out of the house and going to Sam's club all by myself... I lost my wallet somewhere between walking out of the doors of the store and getting in my car. AND whats worse? I didn't even realize it until the next day. *facepalm* ugh. Trying to get everything in there replaced has not been fun.

But back to the Snow day! I had every intention of getting on plan with some healthy eating to counteract all the holiday treats the week of the snow storm.... but c'mon... Snow means hot chocolate and all the comfort foods! Like homemade donuts.


The untouched blanket of snow after it all fell!


Fun in the snow:







Day 2:



I took this girl with me to check in on a couple of our elderly neighbors. We were able to get the mail for the lady that lives next to us. We didn't do anything extravagant but it was a fun time trekking through the snow with her and teaching her some practical ways that we can love our neighbors.




Day 4 and the snow is still there!


It has been in the 60's the last 2 days so the snow is all melted away and all that is left is muddy yards and dirty cars. OH. and Christmas decorations that we definitely need to take down this weekend!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments