My Little Ballerina

By Meg - 7:03 PM


We are almost through our first year of dance with this girl!
When we started last fall I wasn't sure if she would like going in to class by herself every week or even going up on stage for the recitals but her independence has really blossomed over the course of taking dance. She is so excited to go to dance every week and she's always beaming from ear to ear at the end of every class as she rushes out to meet me in the waiting room. She's usually exclaiming something along the lines of "Mommy! Mommy! I got to be the leader today! Oh, and I got a sticker!" 

She did a winter "showcase" recital before last Christmas, but this June recital is the real deal!
She got her costume today and it couldn't fit her personality any more perfectly.
Pink, sparkly and a tiara for the head piece! Being a princess is her favorite. 

I can't wait to see her perform in just a few weeks. We got a sneak peak of their recital dance and she gets to lead her class around the stage in the cutest toddler tippy toe walk ever.

Now I just need to practice my dance mom skills... I need to keep that tutu hanging upside down so it stays fluffy I gotta learn how to do a bun that will stay on top of her head! I'd totally recruit her Aunt Nin Nin to do it for me like she did for the winter showcase but her recital is 2 days after Erin's due date... So Nin Nin will probably be pre-occupied. We're totally going to have a lesson with her sometime soon! : )

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments