Happy Birthday Piper Jo!

By Meg - 8:28 PM


Man time goes by fast! It was about this time of year only 2 years ago that Mark and I were on our way home from my cousins wedding in Texas when we decided that we wanted to get each other a puppy for our first married Christmas!

We came home and started searching the papers and soon found an ad for Golden Retriever/Lab mixes. We knew it was just what we wanted. When we went to pick her up she was the only puppy out of her litter awake - and not just awake but also getting into and chewing on anything she could find... we didn't know it at the time but it was definitely a sign of her personality!

Our sweet girl is a high energy, frisbee catching, bone chewing, tail chasing, water loving, tug of war champion and walk fanatic. She has been quite the challenge at times but has grown into a wonderful and well behaved part of our family. You can't beat her slobbery kisses or the frantic wagging of her tail when she greets you - excited as if she hasn't seen you in days! 

For her birthday I took her on a 3 mile run - the first in a long time for both of us and we were both exhausted when it was over! I don't know if you've noticed, but when you have a pup with lots of energy, they're happiest when worn out from doing what they love the most! 

I love my first fur baby and I look forward to the way she will love my real baby as Reaghan grows up. I know they will be best of friends.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments