See Reaghan Grow! {2 Months}

By Meg - 7:23 PM

Happy 2 months to our sweet baby girl!

Our 2nd month of being parents flew by just like the first, but with a bit more normalcy filtering back in to our lives. We feel pretty confident taking Reaghan wherever we want to go, it just takes us a lot longer than it used to to get out the door! In fact, most things take a lot longer to get done. I often start the day with high expectations and a long list of things I want to get done, only to accomplish about 50% of it by the end of the day! I've always had a very "Martha" type attitude, so sometimes I have to remind myself that it's okay certain things didn't get done. I wouldn't trade my precious moments with Reaghan for any chore list though!

Here are some highlights from Reaghan's 2nd Month:



  • At her 2 month appointment she weighed in at 11 lbs. 7 oz. and was 23 inches long! She is definitely growing. She fell right at the 50th percentile for height and weight.
  • She is finally out of her newborn size clothes and into 0-3 months. She even fits in to some 3 month clothes, but they are still a bit baggy. I got a little choked up putting away the little sleepers that she wore in the hospital.
  • She had her first true "sleep through the night" night on the 16th. She slept from 10:30pm until 7:30 the next morning. It was fantastic! But her typical night time is about 6-7 hours at a time - waking only once for a nighttime feed.
  • Just when I thought she was done with the swaddle, she started struggling at night falling asleep! We brought the swaddle back and it definitely helped! 
  • Bath times have become our favorite part of our night time routine. She loves to to stay in the tub and kick her feet in the water.
  • She is successfully taking day time naps in her crib, but they are a bit sporadic. We are currently working on getting her into a good routine to make things easier when I go back to work in 3 weeks. {Back to work already?! Insert mommy meltdown here!}
  • She doesn't love tummy time - but tolerates it for about 5 minutes a couple of times a day. She is getting more and more control of her head every day and she is constantly moving her arms and kicking her legs, but hasn't mastered more purposeful movements. 
  • She likes to look at books and listen to us read to her. We've added book reading to our bed time routine.
  • She has become very animated over the last few weeks. We love it when she coos and smiles back at us! She has the cutest dimples!
  • Sometimes I will catch her staring at me when she nurses and when I look down and smile at her, her eyes light up, she smiles and she starts "talking". It melts my heart every time.




We continue to learn more and more about our little girl and about being parents every day. Sometimes it seems like we have this parent thing down and other times it feels like we have no idea what we're doing. But Reaghan is still eating, breathing, growing and seems happy so I think we're doing something right. :)

I am looking forward to the next month and all of the milestones she'll be reaching!


I may end up with a crying picture every month. ; )


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments