7 More Months

By Meg - 7:24 PM

Thats right... I'm getting married in 7 months! Thats only 213 more days to go.


I say only as if it is coming up fast, but in reality I feel like it is still so far away! We have all of fall and winter to get through and THEN I think I'll feel like it is almost here. Hopefully the upcoming holiday season will give us plenty to do to make the time fly by fast. But since today marks the 7 month milestone, let's see what we've accomplished in the last month and what I need to get done this coming month according to Theknot.com!

  1. Find a ceremony site - Check! Ceremony at the church sanctuary.
  2. Plan reception menu - Not done at all!
  3. Make list of family wedding customs - Didn't think of this one, that should be fun!
  4. Finalize wedding guest list - Almost done
  5. Decide on wedding flowers - I'm thinking daisy's at this point, but not 100%
  6. Look for/book DJ/Band - I'm dreading this one, but it needs to be top of my priority list.
  7. Figure out invitations/save the dates - Found ones that I love at mixbook, but haven't ordered them. [by the way, I got a great deal thanks to moolala deals online! $150 worth for $50!]
  8. Hire photographer/videographer - unofficially, but yes, this is done.
  9. Buy Wedding Dress - This also needs to be top priority. Thought I had found the one but now I'm not sure...
  10. Book Cake baker - Check!
  11. Plan out Ceremony and Premarital counseling
  12. Have engagement photos taken - Doing them this Sunday! I can't wait!
  13. Prep for out of town guests by reserving a block of rooms at nearby hotels  
  14. Make sure out of town bridesmaids have ordered dresses - I have 3 out of towners and I miss them so much! I'm so excited they will be a part of this day.
  15. Finalize ceremony music - in the process
  16. Plan rehearsal dinner - The In laws are taking care of this one : )
  17. Finalize menu - Last thing to do for this month
  18. Browse centerpiece photos - In the process
  19. Browse wedding hair photos - In the process
  20. Finalize invitation wording - also last of the things to do for this month. 
There it is. 20 things to complete this month, a few of which I'm glad to say are already done or they're in the works! Top 3 things that need to be completed - buying a dress, booking a DJ and getting my bridesmaid dresses all ordered.  

Here's to a happy and productive October!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments