Fall Baking

By Meg - 1:02 PM

its the season, maybe its the thought of soon becoming a housewife, or maybe its just my mouth watering, but whatever the case yesterday afternoon was spent doing some much anticipated fall baking!

The set up:

   
  

           


The Classics: 

Snicker Doodles
Chocolate Chip Cookies


<--Some Cooking Inspiration-->

The Finished Product: 

After finishing the cookies I tried out a little pinterest inspired baking idea: Ice Cream Cookie Cups

Theory: bake chocolate chip cookies on upside down muffin tin to make edible ice cream cups...


Reality: They don't slide off of the muffin tin, even with what seemed to be sufficient "greasing" of the pan. So instead of ice cream cups I got a plateful of chocolate chip cookie crumbs! Oh well... maybe I'll revisit this experiment another time. I didn't have time to play around with the idea any more after that because I had a special dinner experiment I wanted to try out!

Introducing the Pinterest inspired "":Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Braid






 It turned out so much better than I thought it would! My fiance, who happens to be a very picky eater, even enjoyed it! [success!]

Overall the baking yesterday proved to be very therapeutic. This is why I've already planned out my next baking adventure, which is also inspired by my internet obsession.

However this will have to wait for another day because Noah's 13 birthday is today, so we're spending the afternoon celebrating with him!

I'll be sure to post pictures of my pumpkin cake baking process when I do finish it!
Happy Fall Baking everyone!



P.S.
Thanks Mallory Kessler for helping with the photos!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments