Apple Snicker Doodle Bars!

By Meg - 7:28 PM

After we got home from the Apple Orchard I was quick to start browsing Pinterest for some yummy new apple baked goods.  We brought home so many apples! I took some to coworkers and my family, still had some yummy fresh ones to munch on for snacks and made lots of baked yummy goodness. I made an apple pie, apple turnovers, and a new favorite - Apple Snicker Doodle Bars! They were so good I made them twice! I found it from a pin from Back for Seconds, a cooking blog that I had never been on before, but I'll probably be checking back there for some more delicious recipes since this one turned out so well!

My pictures don't do it justice, but if you're looking for a delicious fall snack you need to try this.


The cinnamon, brown sugar apples are delicious right out of the pan too.


I forgot to add the glaze before I took the picture and
the bottom corner is where Reaghan helped me sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix ;)
My food picture taking skills are lacking *shrugs* but I couldn't not share this recipe. 
Seriously if you have apples, give this one a try. You won't be sorry.


BArs

  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour **The second time I made this I used gluten free all purpose flour for some girls at work that have celiac disease. It worked perfectly fine, but was a little more crumbly than with regular flour.**

FILLING

  • 4 cups chopped and cored Granny Smith apples
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar

TOPPING

  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

GLAZE

  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1-2 teaspoon water

DIRECTIONS

Bars
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350
In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt, and mix well. Add the baking powder and flour, a little at a time, and mix until incorporated. Spread half of the batter into a greased 9x13" pan. Set aside.
Filling
Step 2
Add apple, cinnamon, and sugar to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until just starting to get tender. Pour evenly over bars. Top with remaining batter by dropping small spoonfuls all over the apples. Gently spread out batter as evenly as possible.
Topping
Step 3
Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle evenly over bars. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
Glaze
Step 4
Whisk together sugar and water and drizzle over bars. Store covered in the refrigerator. Best served warm!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments