Crockpot BBQ Baby Back Ribs

By Meg - 5:00 PM

I don't know about you, but after a while we get bored of eating the same old things for dinner every night. Seems like its a steady rotation between some type of tomato sauce pasta, baked chicken and pizza... So last Friday before going grocery shopping I decided to sit down and try to find some newer recipes.

Mark and I LOVE ribs, but I've never made them at home because a.) I had no idea how too and b.) they're usually a little more expensive then the frozen chicken breasts we buy. But when I saw a recipe on pinterest for ribs done in the crockpot, and it seemed pretty darn easy, I decided to splurge and buy some ribs. It turns out - ribs at the grocery store last friday were buy 1 get 1 free! I ended up getting 2 racks of ribs for only $10 a piece. I was excited. 

I made them Monday - the day I don't get off work until 7 - so it was the perfect time to let them sit in the crockpot all day and be ready to eat when I got home. I was nervous about how they were going to taste, but we were pleasantly surprised! I mean, they weren't Frankie's good (our favorite rib place in town) but they were fall off the bone tender and pretty flavorful! 

I've list the Recipe below and also a link to the original blog where I found it.



Ingredients:
2.5 tbsp Light brown sugar (or dark if you don't have it)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1.5 tbsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1 cup BBQ sauce - I didn't really measure this, I just poured some on! (We like to use Sweet Baby Rays!)
2-2.5 lb pork [baby back] ribs



  • Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl - making sure to mash up the brown sugar so it isn't clumpy
  • Cut your ribs in half, leave the membranes on to keep them together, 
  • Rub the dry mix on the ribs - front and back
  • Stick the ribs in the crockpot with the top thicker part towards the outside of the crockpot and the thicker side down.
  • Pour your BBQ sauce all over the ribs
  • Stick the lid on and wait 6-8 hours
In the original blog post she includes a second step where you broil the ribs in the oven and use the sauce from the crockpot to baste the ribs in. We skipped this step on Monday night and ate them right out of the crockpot and they were delicious. But if you're curious about the next step and want to take your ribs to the next level - check out the original recipe here at Take it from Mama!

Otherwise, enjoy the ribs! :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments