Pregnancy Update {38 weeks) + Baby Shower + Nursery!

By Meg - 1:30 PM

Okay so technically tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks pregnant but I didn't get around to sharing my 38 week picture and all the fun that happened last weekend!

Friday I went and got a pedicure with a friend from work. Back in December she was my secret santa and gave me a gift card to our favorite nail salon and then a few days later everyone else at work gifted me with another gift card to the same salon for my birthday! I'd been saving them up to use at the end of my pregnancy when I knew my feet would most appreciate it. My feet have been way more swollen this time around than they were with Reag. Oh and stupid me, I wore SKINNY JEANS to the salon. *face palm* I could barely pull them halfway up my calf which meant I didn't get a full calf massage which happens to be my favorite part! Also, they were really constricting which made my feet swell worse. Kind of the opposite effect I was hoping for. Pregnancy brain is real ya'll.


The next day I had to work in the morning, but that afternoon my mom and sisters threw me a super cute baby shower at my parents house. My grandma and aunt came down from Charlottesville and even 2 aunts and a cousin that are in transition right now - moving from Massachusetts to South Dakota! - came down to help celebrate our sweet baby. My mom and Erin made soups and salad with artisan bread to go along with it and a sweet young girl from church made strawberry cheesecake cupcakes to go with the big cheesecake. I probably had 3 bowls of potato soup and like 20 cupcakes. It was delicious! I got a lot of fun clothes for Baby girl which was perfect because Reag's newborn clothes are mostly summertime outfits which just won't work for this January baby. Of course Mallory took a lot of pictures and I can't wait to share them with you when she gets them to me but here is what I got on my phone that afternoon.



Erin came and got Reaghan while I was at work to take her over there early so she could help decorate for the shower. She dressed her in her Big Sister outfit and curled her hair. I couldn't get over how cute she was all afternoon. My mother in law snapped this picture.



My coworkers started a count down for me this past week.
I work in the best place ever and love the people there. 
This week coming up is my last week working - I don't have a patient's on my schedule after that so hopefully baby girl decides to get here soon!
I am looking forward to maternity leave and just being home with my girls.


This past week we put the final touches on the nursery!


Okay, so there are a few more final touches needed for her nursery. I bought fabric to redo the changing table pad from the pastel pink of Reag's nursery to the coral that you see in in the hanging decor. And we still need a dresser for her clothes, which is why all of those blankets and things are folded up in those bins on the bottoms shelf. But this is probably as final as it's going to get before she arrives!


Name alert! It starts with an "L"!! 
I got the big L from my mom from at the baby shower and thought it looked perfect on the wall over her crib. The stripes were on the wall when we moved in and they look adorable in the nursery setting. I bought 4 adorable prints from an etsy shop to hang on the walls. I already had the white frames so it only cost me $15 for 4 pictures. I was so happy to get them printed and put on the walls the other day. I love them!
You can see in the bottom picture the prints on either side of the window and the clothes all washed and folded with out a home!
 I had no idea Reaghan had put her baby doll in the carseat when I took this picture and it totally freaked me out just now as I put it in this post! It looks like a real baby in there!



Panorama shot to give you a better look at the whole thing. 
The walls are reminiscent of Reaghan's nursery wall color, but they were already this color when we moved in and once we found out we were having a girl we decided to keep it. 
Mostly because of the adorable stripes on the large wall.


So that's pretty much it!

At my appointment last week they said I was still 3cm dilated and about 70-80% effaced. 
I was a little bummed that I hadn't progressed since my 37 week appointment but I really hadn't had many contractions over the last week either. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
The Dr. was surprised I hadn't progressed either but said I could still go into labor at any time. 
I totally started having flashbacks to Reaghan's last few weeks and was all "yea, this baby isn't going anywhere for another 2 weeks or so." I'm trying to stay patient and act like its no big deal as evidenced by the fact that I JUST packed Reaghan's little overnight bag. Trying to keep it chill over here.
I did have really uncomfortable back and pelvis pain yesterday as I exchanged a shower gift at Target and it lasted all morning so when we got home I took Reaghan and Piper on a nice long walk hoping it would keep things progressing but I think it actually made it stop! I didn't have any more contractions until around dinner time where I had 3 really intense ones and then nothing. *sigh*
I feel like yesterday was the start of a long week that will follow the same pattern, but I'm going to try to be patient and let things happen. (Maybe encourage things along with some labor inducing activities ;))

Thanks for hanging on for all of my rambling! I have an appointment this Wednesday and by that time I'll be 39 weeks and 4 days. We'll see what happens!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments