Pre - Marathon

By Meg - 8:53 AM


This is my goal.

I have been training for the last 6 months and tomorrow its time to put it all out there.

7:20 am tomorrow morning I will be standing anxiously in a crowd, hundreds of people surrounding me, and most likely squeezing the hand of the two beautiful women who have decided to take this journey with me as we wait nervously for the gun to go off.

Today I am putting into practice my pre-race routine that I have been strategically planning. Making sure I am eating the right types of food, drinking the appropriate amounts of water, and keeping my muscles warm and limber. I have done 1/2 marathons before but a full is completely different ball game and I am trying to stay calm and focused. 

My awesome husband is helping me stay pumped up and focused by blasting my race playlist through the house as we pack for our trip down to the Outer Banks. He has been incredibly supportive of me during this training, even though I've missed several opportunities for sleeping in with him during our first summer together because I got up early for a long run, or waited an extra hour for dinner so I could squeeze in a run after work before it got too dark. I couldn't have done it without him.

*Deep Breath*

26.2 miles. Here I come. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments