Back to Work

By Meg - 8:51 PM

It's 11:15 at night and all I can think about is the fact that I have to go back to work tomorrow. Can you believe that? I can't. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that this Wednesday my baby will be 12 weeks old. I've been on maternity leave for 12 weeks! People always say time goes by really fast once you have a baby - that your kids grow so fast - they aren't kidding around. It really truly does.


Tomorrow when I go into work at 2pm, I'll  only be gone a few hours. I get off at 7pm and should be home by 7:30 at the latest. I'll only be apart from Reaghan for about 5 hours but I am certain it will feel like an eternity.  

Mark works from home tomorrow so she will be spending the afternoon with her daddy. I am so grateful I don't have to drop her off at a daycare (truth be told - I wouldn't be going back to work if that were the case) and I know her and Mark will be great together! But I still can't help but make checklists and leave little "help daddy" notes all around. :) {Mark probably doesn't even need them, but they make me feel better!}


 As I lay in bed trying to fall asleep I wonder if I've done everything needed to make their afternoon go smoothly tomorrow. I'm wondering if I'll cry as I drive into work. I'm praying she will nap good for her daddy tomorrow. I'm praying she will not have unusual fussiness from teething. I'm reminding myself that we are grateful that God made the way for this new schedule of only working 2 afternoons a week. I'm reminding myself that we are blessed Mark can stay home with her on Mindays and my sister can watch her on Wednesdays. 

I knew this day was coming. I just can't believe it came so fast. These last 12 weeks have been the sweetest of my life. I enjoy full time stay at home mommyhood so much more than I ever dreamed. It's such a good thing. I believe there is no career that is as challenging or fulfilling and I am so grateful that I will still be home the majority of the week with my sweet baby. Because how could you not want to spend your days with this preciousness???



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments