See Reaghan Grow! {3 Months}

By Meg - 8:22 PM

Reaghan's 3rd month of life has largely been spent celebrating and getting ready to celebrate the biggest holidays of the year. She enjoyed her very first Thanksgiving, made her mommy's birthday super fun and has been smiling and cooing her way through the Christmas season so far. I'm only 5 days late posting this, but here are some specifics on what she's been up to:



  • She has chunked up a little bit and definitely gotten longer! No appointment this month, so we aren't sure on the specifics, but we can tell she's grown! She's wearing a range of clothes sizes 0-3 months, 3 months and even some 3-6 month outfits are starting to fit her.
  • She is consistently sleeping through the night! She will go to bed around 10-10:30 and sleep until about 8am. Every once in a while she will sleep until 9 or 10 in the morning! Since she is starting to creep towards the 12 straight hours of sleep at night, we are going to start backing up her bed time with a goal of putting her to bed around 8:30ish. (I'll just add though, that I've come to realize even the most perfectly thought out plans/goals may need to be completely rethought when working with a baby!)
  • Speaking of sleeping, she is still in her Rock N Play next to our bed, but I know the time is coming to transition her to her crib. She is sleeping so good at night I'm afraid to mess with it! But she is getting to be a big girl and soon needs to be in her own room. Maybe the start of the New Year!
  • She is smiling and cooing all of the time! Especially when she wakes up in the morning. She can showcase her lung power when she wants to with a few excited squeals as well!
  • She always seems like she is on the verge of laughing but hasn't quite figured it out yet. She has let out a random chuckle here and there - the first one being the day before Thanksgiving.
  • Mark said she rolled over for him Thanksgiving morning from tummy to back! I quickly ran and got the camera and tried to get her to do it again, but without success. She hasn't done it since so I'm beginning to wonder if the whole thing was made up. ; )
  • She prefers to sit up and be able to look around, she has enough head control to sit in her Bumbo Seat! She loves watching movement and activity! 
  • Tummy time is her least favorite. She only lasts 5 or 6 minutes at a time before a total meltdown ensues. She also doesn't prefer to lay on her back on her floor mat, but we are working on getting used to independent play so mommy can get things done! 
  • Her favorite toy is a baby Einstein light up music toy and rattle. She is fascinated by it.
  • She is starting to grab things with her hands and pull them towards her mouth. I've noticed she uses her left hand quite a bit... I wonder if we'll end up with a lefty!?!
  • I started back to work on December 8th, so she is now taking pumped milk from a bottle a few times a week. She spends Monday afternoons with daddy and Wednesday afternoons with her Aunt Erin. She likes to make daddy work for her affection and also made her first afternoon home with him quite memorable with a diaper blowout and refusing to nap. It's gotten better. :)
  • She seems to recognize familiar faces but really is a social butterfly and will smile at just about anyone. She is almost always okay when other people hold her or pass her around but every once in a while mommy is the only one that can make her happy, and I'm totally okay with that.
  • She is starting to lose her hair on the top and on the back where her head rubs back and forth - but so far she has kept her beautiful blue eyes!
  • She fits all of the classic signs of a baby beginning to teethe. Her hands are always in her mouth and I have to make sure I put bibs on her to keep the constant drooling from ruining her outfits.

She keeps us smiling with her ever developing personality. 


She is the most fashionable 3 month old I know. 
Her Grandma bought her this Christmas outfit, made complete with dressy boots.


She thinks her hands are just the yummiest.


And she thinks its funny when you blow rasberries.


A friend of mine just had a baby 2 weeks ago and when I met her precious daughter I couldn't believe how all of a sudden my baby seemed big! Reaghan is definitely out of the newborn/infant stage and into a growing baby. I know it seems silly to differentiate the two - but believe me, there's a difference. The other day I let her take her morning nap with me, all snuggled up on my bed instead of in her crib, because these days are going by way too quickly. 

I've promised myself to seize precious moments with my baby and not rush her.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments