Spinach Lasagna Rollups

By Meg - 7:04 PM

We eat way too much pasta in this house, but I can't help it. Its just that A.) its a meal that I can make with 99% confidence that it's going to come out tasting pretty yummy and B.) I just really love pasta.

These spinach lasagna roll ups are one of my favorite pasta meals to make, but its one that only makes it on our table once every couple of months. I always seem to forget about it! But it just makes it that much more yummy when I remember to make it. ; )



SPINACH LASAGNA ROLL UPS




Ingredients:
Lasagna noodles (12*)
10 oz of steamed or frozen spinach
Pasta Sauce of your choice
15oz of Ricotta Cheese
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 large egg
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
garlic and/or onion powder to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Boil noodles per package instructions.
While noodles are boiling, drain and dry spinach with a paper towel, squeezing out most moisture but not all. If spinach needs chopped, chop it now.
Then mix ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, parsley and half of mozzarella cheese (and garlic + onion powder if desired) in a bowl.
Once noodles are finished boiling, drain them and let them cool until they're able to be handled.
Once cool, lay noodles out on a cutting board or other clean surface and spread spinach mixture along length of noodle (around 1/8 cup per noodle, but I don't measure I just spoon it out until it looks like enough!)
Spread some of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a lightly greased pan (I use olive oil spray to grease my pan)
Roll noodles up and place side by side in the pan.
Pour pasta sauce over the top and then sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake 25-30 minutes until baked through (I like to turn the broiler on low the last 3-4 minutes to make the cheese a little brown and bubbly!)

Serve with a warm roll because you know, lasagna roll ups themselves aren't enough carbs! Yum!




*When I make these just for Mark and I, I only use 6 lasagna noodles and cut the rest of the recipe in half...well except for the egg - I still use the whole egg ; )


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments