Busch Gardens!

By Meg - 8:33 PM



I have been dying to go to an amusement park since having Lilly. Thanks to being pregnant for half of the last 4 years I haven't been able to ride the more exciting and crazy rides that I love. I was excited at the beginning of the summer when Busch Gardens had a deal to get a free ticket for preschoolers. We got one for Reaghan just in case we had the chance to go, and I really, REALLY wanted to go but Mark wasn't super excited about the idea. He's not into crowds and Reaghan isn't an adventurous little girl so it could've been completely possible we would get there and she wouldn't ride anything all day! I kept arguing that even if Reaghan didn't ride any rides *I* was really in the mood to ride some roller coasters! {Like, I didn't care if Reaghan liked it, I just wanted to go for me! Kidding. Sort of. Of course I wanted her to have fun too ;)} Of course even if she did like and we went, then one of us would have to sit with the kids while the other stood in line to ride a coaster - and I'll admit that didn't sound fun. The summer went on and I really hadn't been thinking about it much because it just seemed like it wasn't going to happen this year, until I saw an ad online about Busch Gardens having 50% off tickets! Oh Yea! I convinced Mark to go and we ended up getting my parents and siblings on board too! {And Aunt Linda who has been staying with my parents this summer and my cousin Lindy who is living with my parents while she goes to school here in Virginia Beach!}



Of course we picked the hottest day of the week to go when we went but it was still a blast. Other than our recent Ohio trip {which I wouldn't consider a vacation} we haven't gotten to take any vacation with my family this year so it was nice to spend a fun day all together. AND Reaghan actually rode almost all of the rides that she could! There were times when she was nervous and I could tell she wasn't sure about her decision to ride but I was proud of how she found the courage to go through with it. Lilly enjoyed riding most of the rides with her, but she wasn't quite as fearless as I thought she would be.

I got to ride a few roller coasters with my man while other family members hung out with the girls. Reaghan played a few arcade games and won a stuffed animal. We got soaked on a water ride. We didn't get sunburned! We ate some ice cream at the end of the night. And I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of the amusement park glory! So thankful for a little end of summer fun!

 

























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments