Apple Pie Crescent Rolls

By Meg - 8:52 AM

Remember when I posted about going to the Apple Orchard?
Remember when I said I was going to bake a hundred apple type recipes the following weekend?

Yea.

Never happened.

But! Since I was trapped inside all day Sunday from hurricane Sandy, and didn't really have anything else to do but bake, I finally decided to try some of those recipes!

The first one was an incredibly simple recipe I got from my sister-in-law.

You literally start with only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your home, and of course apples!

1/2 cup of sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon
3 tbsp. of melted butter
1 can of pillsbury crescent rolls
APPLES!  I used 2 small apples cut into 8 wedges and it was plenty!

Okay so start off with your ingredients:


In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.

Unroll the crescent rolls onto a pan, brush with melted butter and sprinkle some of your cinnamon sugar mixture. (make sure you save about 1 tbs of your melted butter for later)


Next, peel and cut the apples. (You probably don't need to peel them but I wasn't sure how the apple peel would taste with everything else) Like I said I only used 2 of these SMALL apples cut into 8 wedges and it was more then enough).


Once you've cut your apples place 1-2 slices in each crescent piece and then roll them up. After they are rolled brush with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle them with the rest of your cinnamon sugar mixture.

Side Note: I probable should've added parchment paper on the pan,
 because the bottoms did turn out a browner than I would've liked...
,
Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Take out of the oven and serve!


I ate them when they were warm right out of the oven, when they were cooled off later that evening and then when they were re-heated the following morning for a breakfast pastry. They were delicious every way I ate them.

Yummy little bite size apple pies!








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments