Wife Fail...?

By Meg - 7:20 PM


Sunday dinner consisted of chicken tenders, french fries and some macaroni cheese poppers (these were a test- we had never tried them before!) heated thoroughly on our pizazz...

I sort of felt like I was failing as a wife.
Dinner on a pizazz? Heated up, pre-packaged, frozen food?
What happened to all of the recipes that I pin daily on pinterest and my promises to eat healthier, less processed/pre-packaged food?

The answer: I don't know. I just really didn't feel like making dinner last night.

I'm sure, in fact I'm 100% positive, that I'm not the only to make their husband (and their self) frozen food for dinner, but I still couldn't help but feel guilty. I mean, I spend a good portion of my evenings looking at pinterest and blogs on eating healthy whole foods, striving to become a proverbs 31 woman, feeding your husband delicious meals, planning meals, and so on and so forth. 

But sometimes, it has to be okay to take a break... Right?

Sometimes I just need to to make a dinner that takes 5 minutes to "prep" and 10 minutes to heat up.

I don't want to make this a habit, in fact I'm trying harder and harder to make healthy eating the habit, but I'm going to allow this to be the exception. And when the exception happens, I'm going to convince myself not to feel guilty!
 Thankfully... well, maybe not thankfully, but on occasions like this I'm glad that my husband sometimes prefers the simplicity of chicken tenders and fries. And grateful that in a loving way, he holds no unrealistic expectations that I'll be cooking him a 4 course meal every day. :)




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments