New Fence

By Meg - 9:12 PM

Thanks to Piper's fast rate of growth and her new love for barking at our neighbors through the small picket fence to the right of our house... we decided it was time to put up a privacy fence.

We had a few people come out and give us estimates on doing the work, which ranged from $1,500 to $2,200! We couldn't bring ourselves to pay that money just to save some sweat and labor on our Mark's part. So Mark decided he could do without the big wigs and decided to recruit the help of my younger brother Noah to replace the picket fence. It took a little longer than they thought it would, plus a few extra trips to the hardware store than they originally planned, but it definitely saved us some cash! It's completely finished and now we don't have to worry about our neighbors conspiring against us because  of our pup!


Mark and Noah installing the gate this morning.
I was at work on Friday when the majority of the fencing was put up, so I only got pictures of them finishing it up today.


I couldn't resist getting a close up shot of this gorgeous guy. Something about my man building and fixing things for his house and family that just makes my heart beat a little faster.


Piper, of course, did her best to help with the project. She made sure the wooden stakes didn't stay in the ground for too long.


She also helped dispose of them after collecting a few into piles.


The frame of the gate is up! Now time to nail on the panels.



One more shot of the hubs before I left the men to their work while I went to a Bridal Shower. :)



Oh. And one more shot of Piper. She loved having Noah over for a couple of days.



This is what I came home too!


A completely finished fence....


And two exhausted men relaxing by playing some Madden on the big screen.


After all that hard work my man even took me out on a date tonight!
It was a baseball diamond kind of night. We cheered on the local minor league baseball team. 
(They even had fireworks after the game!)
Take me out to the ball game anyone?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments