Getting Back in Shape: April Update

By Meg - 8:28 AM

I know I'm a few days earlier than my normal monthly "Getting back in shape" Updates, but I'm so excited about what has happened since my March Update!

Last month I was still at 152 pounds. I had only lost 4 pounds since January and was trying really hard not be discouraged. I gave myself an incentive that once I dropped below 150 I could go and get myself a pedicure. (I think about this pedicure every time I step on the scale!) But I had to stay below 150 for 1 week in order to get the pedicure. I had been hovering right at 150 for about 2 weeks and was really trying hard to drop atleast 1 more pound so I could give my feet and some much needed love, but nothing seemed to be happening. And then EASTER came and of course we celebrated with much food and I was scared that I had ruined my chances of dropping below 150 before my April update.

Well guess what?

Thats right.

I've finally dropped below 150!!!


I took this picture at the Rec Center today. (Where I swim every Monday/Wednesday.) It is different than my usual scale but I confirmed my weight at home as well to make sure the numbers matched up. :) Now I just have to keep this off until next Wednesday and I can go get my Pedicure!

That brings my weight loss total to 8 pounds in 3 months. I still wish I was further along then I am, but I feel like 8 pounds is pretty significant, so I'm excited. : )

I was inspired with my weight loss today so I made myself a yummy.... Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie for breakfast after my workout. 

Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie!

10 oz of skim or plain soy milk
1 medium banana (I used 1 1/2!)
1 TBS of Peanut Butter
6-10 ice cubes to thicken it up.

Delicious!

Mark and I bought this cute little Oster Blender To-Go and it makes the smoothie right in the little bottle. Today was my first time using it and I loved it! I might just have another smoothie for Lunch. :)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments