Father's Day {2017}

By Meg - 10:03 PM

See this guy? This is the one my 16 year old heart fell in love with 12 years ago. If you had told me then that I was actually going to grow up to marry him and have his babies I might have fainted from happiness. Okay, probably not cause I'm really not the swooning type of girl, but you get the idea.  My 16 year old self always wanted that to be the plan, but the fact that it actually happened?! Wow. God is good to me,


I've had 2 girls with the beanie loving, 2 shirt wearing drummer pictured above. {I thought his style was so cool when we were in high school, and to be honest, I still kind of love it when he wears a beanie} We've both grown up a lot since then and even more since we decided to bring babies into this world. I've seen him grow in selflessness and compassion. He demonstrates tenderness and patience when my patience runs dry. I've seen the worry in his eyes when his girls are sick or hurt, revealing the depth of his love for them. I'm humbled by the way he always rushes to be the hero for Reaghan's timid personality. I've learned his "limit" and how he functions under more exhaustion than we've ever known. I've watched him develop into a father that is purposeful and intentional with his love, discipline, and time. 

This parenting thing is hard. There is always a new challenge to navigate. We are still learning and growing together, figuring out how to raise these beautiful girls to live for and love the Lord that we do. We mess up a lot. We tear each other down sometimes and have to ask for forgiveness and then we help each other up a lot. But there's nothing I love more than watching him love on our precious daughters. I don't think it will ever grow old. Here are some of my favorite daddy moments from the last 4 months. 





     

        



Probably my favorite picture of the early days of being parents of a toddler and a new born!
Complete chaos in Reaghan's room as we play together in the evening with a look of pure exhaustion on Mark's face.
Priceless.


Mark's birthday was the day before Father's day so while our weekend was pretty low-key, it was busy. We had his family over on Friday to celebrate his Birthday and Father's day for his dad because his parents were going out of town.



His sister got him a bumper sticker for our mini van ;)
Saturday Reaghan and I woke early to get him his favorite Duck Donuts for breakfast, we took his Granny lunch for her birthday and then just him and I went to the movies that night. We joked about getting old and enjoying just one more year in our twenties. How are we 29 already?

Sunday was church, lunch with my family at Surf Dogs {a hot dog place that Mark picked out because He loves hot dogs, and it just so happens that my dad does too, so it was a fun, casual lunch. They also had amazing ice cream cones so I was happy!} and then an afternoon at our house with my family.

We didn't do anything overly noteworthy, but the girls and I enjoyed celebrating the main man in our lives and while we got him a few different gifts this weekend, our favorite was this one "from" the girls. Reaghan loves the Disney movie Moana , we've all watched a bajillion times, so we had this shirt made! Mark loved it and Reaghan loved giving it to him.


Even though we think that he's so much more than ordinary! 

This has been my prayer for you since we were friends in highschool and it continues to this day,
 my love. Happy Father's Day!

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ"
Philippians 1:9-10

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments