Husband's Birthday!

By Meg - 6:51 PM


My man turned the ripe old age of 26 yesterday. He's definitely out of the "early twenties" phase of his life and getting closer and closer to 30... and I'm only 6 months behind!

He had a very grown up birthday day. We both worked all day - I didn't get off work until 7 :( so we didn't do anything crazy. I surprised him by having his car cleaned and detailed this past weekend for his birthday, and only had a small present for him to open the day of. We just had a quiet dinner at home, with a special dessert and watched a movie together in his man cave - which does happen to be one of his favorite activities. : ) Birthdays just aren't the same when they fall in the middle of the week, but we enjoyed our night at home together just the same. 

I was looking through my computer to try and find the earliest birthday picture I had of Mark and I celebrating a birthday of his - I couldn't find many! - but I found so many of us from high school and couldn't believe how young we look. 

I have been a part of Mark's birthday celebrations for the last 10 years. The first birthday celebration I went to was a surprise pool party his parents threw for his 16th birthday. I couldn't find any pictures of then - it was before smart phones and Instagram :) but I did find this one from 5 years ago when he turned 21.


We had been "together" for a year at this birthday. I am so thankful for all of the many birthdays I've been a part of. What a privilege to see Mark grow from a 16 year old boy that I had big crush on to the man that is now 26, who I am madly in love with.

I am praying that God allows me many more decades of birthdays to celebrate with him!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments