She was also getting her 6 month pictures done by her aunties that day so thankfully I was able to turn her frown upside down with a few cuddles and a secret weapon ;) She also shared her 1/2 birthday with St. Patricks day, so we thought it was appropriate to wear her "Lucky" shirt. :)
Here's what Reaghan has accomplished during her 6 month of life:
- At her Dr.'s appointment she weighed in at 15 lbs and 11 oz and is 26 inches long! She is 50th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. The Dr. said she was perfectly proportioned. :)
- She had her first diaper rash! I'm glad it took this long to happen, but it actually ended up being a yeast rash and we now have a prescription ointment for her. So she also got her first prescription filled! We also got eye ointment for her blocked tear duct that she's had since birth.
- She is still in size 2 diapers, but we plan to go into 3's after we run out of our box of 2's, and she fits into 3-6 or 6 month outfits.
- She started eating foods! Our goal was to get to 6 months before starting solids, but you know what??... nothing magical happens to her stomach on her 6 month birthday that says "ready for veggies now!" She was getting really interested in what we were eating and we felt she was ready so at 5 1/2 months we started her on rice and oatmeal cereals. She did so well with it! She's caught on to the whole eating off a spoon thing within a couple of days! This past week we started on orange colored veggies and she's loved them all! Sweet potatoes, carrots and squash! Next we'll move to the green veggies! (We are having so much fun with this new milestone!)
- She is sitting up on her own! She needs someone within arms reach of her because she will lose her balance when she gets tired or she'll get a little too ambitious with her reaching!
- She still hasn't figured out rolling from her back to her belly yet.
- She is the QUEEN of blowing raspberries! First thing in the morning? Raspberries. Changing diapers? Raspberries. Bath time? Raspberries. Crying? Don't worry, she'll break up her wails with a few raspberries.
- She loves to give kisses. Or eat your face. I'm not sure what she's thinking, but she'll open her mouth real wide and try to pull your face towards her. I'm going to pretend she's giving us love. :) She loves to reach out and touch faces! It's incredibly endearing, but we have to begin teaching her not to grab faces.
- She took first overnight trip when we took a girls weekend to Ikea for Aunt Erin's birthday. She did so well falling asleep in her pack n play even when everyone was still up watching tv and talking in the hotel. But she did wake up at 5am, so we got a pretty early start to our shopping day. ;)
- She definitely recognizes familiar faces and loves to flash her daddy and her Aunt Erin her dimply grin.
- She was sleeping a good 8-10 hours and even doing better with going to bed a little sooner, but this past week has been a challenge. For no apparent reason, she has been waking up around 2am and not wanting to go back to sleep for 2-3 hours. The only conclusion we've come to is that she is going through some physical and mental developments and is just having a rough time. Hopefully it won't last long! Last night she was only up for 1 hour before falling back asleep so fingers crossed we are heading back to sleeping through the night!
- She took her first visit to the aquarium. I wasn't sure is she would be interested, but she was captivated by the fish tanks! This also came with her first time using her big girl seat in her stroller and sitting up in a high chair at a restaurant! When I saw she could do this well, I started putting her in the seat of a cart instead of bringing her whole carseat into the grocery store or wearing her in the carrier. It's a whole new world folks! She loves sitting up and looking around and interacting more with me while we are shopping. We love it!
Wow! I didn't realize how much she had grown this past month and all of the new things that we did!! What a great month of watching her grow and learn. We don't know how, but we truly love her more every month.
Here she still wasn't sure if she wants to cooperate with taking pictures.
Showing off her sitting up skills!
She can be a bit goofy and silly at times.
We love seeing her personality emerge more and more every day.
Are you ready to see my secret weapon??
Thats right. She wasn't smiling for her mommy. She was smiling at her Pipe Jo. Who knew a golden lab made such a good photographer's assistant?!?