Clean Eating Challenge {day 1}

By Meg - 8:23 PM

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Blueberries Lunch: couscous with olive oil and steamed broccoli, carrots and cauliflower 

Dinner: Chicken Taco Salad topped with avocados and tomatoes. 


It was pretty good, except for the fact that it didn't have cheese on it. I love cheese. 

But I did learn how to make my own taco seasoning and it turned out pretty good! 


1tbs chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano 
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

I doubled the above recipe and mixed it with some puréed tomatoes and put it in the crockpot with 2 small chicken breasts to cook while I went to work. Mark said it was really good. But then again, he got to smother his with cheese ;) 

Snacks: Blueberries and carrot sticks. 

Today was a win for the food but a big thumbs down for the workouts. I'm fighting a yucky summer cold and it did not agree with me trying to sweat it out on a run today. I barely did a mile. But we walked the rest of the way home and enjoyed the "chilly" 60 degree weather that was here at 8:30 this morning. It was a sweet whisper of the fall weather to come. 


Here's to good eats tomorrow and a less stuffy nose! 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments