3rd Anniversary

By Meg - 8:10 AM

I've been the queen of starting posts and not finishing them lately... I think it might have something to do with having an 8 month old thats on the move, so sitting down for more than a few minutes at a time has become a rarity. : ) 

A couple of weeks ago Mark and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! It fell on a Tuesday so Mark took the day off so we could spend some time together. We had originally planned on going to the beach like we did last year, but it ended up being super hot and we didn't really want to take Reaghan out there. We decided to go to the zoo instead - yea, it was still really hot, but we could make pit stops inside cooled exhibits and gift shops and walk through lots of shaded areas. :)

Our first stop was grabbing some lunch though! We went to Doumar's - a classic, drive in/eat in your car place in Norfolk, Va. thats been around for a few decades.


We had some yummy burgers and fries.


And Reaghan enjoyed people watching. 


This was Reaghan's first trip to the zoo!


She was happy as long as she had her water cup :)


We enjoyed watching this Orangutan groom himself.


And a picture by the elephants is a must.


We love elephants!


Every year we've been getting each other a little something that corresponds with the "traditional" anniversary gift list, but this year, since the gift was supposed to be leather, I had a brilliant idea! An autographed football! *pats self on back* Its leather and its awesome. I wanted to get him a Tony Romo signed football, but those were like $500 a pop, so I went with another of his favorite players for much less. 


(Okay. So actually my first idea was to get him an autographed Cal Ripken Jr. baseball - which I did - I got it super early and I was so proud of myself only to walk up into his office room and see a signed Cal Ripken Jr. autographed ball sitting on a shelf!!!! What?!? How did I not know he had that?!?! Wife fail. So anyways, I panicked, sent it back and got a football instead. I told him the story and he was really excited about the football, so I'll still give myself that pat on the back. ;) ) 

Later that night we took Reaghan over to my parents. They watched her for us so we could go out to dinner at the Melting Pot (my favorite!)


After the Melting Pot we really tapped in to our romantic sides and went grocery shopping at Trader Joes and Whole Foods! We never get out to these places because they're a good 35 minutes away from our house, but since it was right next to the Melting Pot we really wanted to stop in there and get some of our favorites! I did get a bouquet of wild flowers while we there, so that counts as romance right? Actually, we truly did enjoy ourselves. It's really doing the every day, ordinary things together that remind us so much of why we fell in love. : )

3 years in and a lifetime to go. <3 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments