Happy 2013

By Meg - 6:05 PM

Happy New Year!

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the foundation for this year is that I will bless the Lords name no matter what my circumstances. Building an alter in a sense, saying that right now my heart will choose to say Lord blessed be your name. In everything.

Keeping that in mind, there are a few things I would like to accomplish this year. When I thought about making goals and resolutions I first thought that there really wasn't anything that I wanted to strive for this year, but the more I thought about it the more things kept popping up in my mind and then it didn't take long for the list to grow!

Here are some of the things off my list... no particular timelines for most of these... and some of them might be a little out of my control, but I would still like to see them happen.

~ Complete the Bible in 90 days reading.... I've done this before and I have really enjoyed it!
~ Complete 90 days of P90X.... Getting physically and spiritually fit ; )
~ Lose 20-25 pounds... You know how you get the freshman 15 in college? I think it doubles your first year of marriage! YIKES!
~ Give our hall bathroom a mini make-over (the one I ruined here earlier this year...)
~ Become a better meal planner... Less boxed foods, less eating out, more protein, less carbs, less processed foods
~ Become a better couponer... Keeping track of my coupons and not going shopping without them!
~ Pay off my car! This one is huge! Mark and I have been waiting to join banking accounts until I get my car paid off because my car loan is through my original bank so it just makes things easier... It's looking like January will be the month to accomplish this 1 1/2 year goal! Once my loan is paid off we will only have Mark's school loans and our mortgage :)
~ Finish my first olympic distance triathlon - this has a timeline, I am going to be running one in JUNE  unless the following occurs..
~ Run More! I guess this goes with the other fitness goals!
~ Create a baby Poindexter. : ) Thats right folks, the Poindexters are praying about adding a wee one to the family in 2013, or at least have one growing by the end of 2013.
~ Become an Aunt! This ones totally out of my control. Should probably stay on the prayer list side of things... but we're really praying for my sister and her husband to have a baby this year as well, as they've been trying for over a year.
~ Re-paint music room
~ Read more .... I think I may write down a list of books I want to read this year and mark them off as I go!
~ Plant a Garden this spring

You see? Lots of things on my mind as I think about this upcoming year. I know as far as goal planning the Lords cautions us about boasting about tomorrow....

 "Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil."
James 4:13-15

So why I hope the things that I have listed will become a reality, I will try my best to be submitted to the Lord's will and choose to bless His name no matter the timing or accomplishment of these goals.

Here's to a great 2013!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments