January Goal: Getting back in shape!

By Meg - 11:42 AM

Its crazy to think that I ran a marathon 2 months ago! My body certainly doesn't feel like it... I feel as if I could barely run 3 miles right now. How did this happen?!?! Okay...so  I do know how it happened... It might have had something to do with the fact that after the marathon I pretty much took a break from all forms of exercising (maybe ran only 3-4 times???) and on top of not exercising it was the holidays so I ATE... and ate and ate and ate and, well you get the picture.

Its unfortunate how quickly you can lose muscle and gain weight and how long and difficult it is for you to reverse the process...

Now that all of the holidays have passed its time to get back to work. It hurts to say that I weigh the most right now than I ever have in my life. {No fun} And I've noticed quite a bit of my clothes becoming tighter on me. {Again, No fun} When I looked at all of the pictures from Christmas and New years I tried not to cringe at the belly bulge and love handles I noticed on myself.

I'm not trying to be a size 2 or anything. But I do want to get back in shape. I want to get my body to its healthy weight and feel good in my clothes and when I see myself in pictures. So I'm going to try to use my blog as some sort of fitness accountability journal.

I started p90x Friday and did the second video today (plyometrics-I'm a wimp-I'll get better). I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow but it's going to be worth it. Nothing worth having comes easy right?

I also decided to start a week of sort of a detox from Soda. I have to confess, I love soda. Mt. Dew in particular. But it makes me feel so... Blah...you know?  Bloated and sluggish. I know I feel better when I don't try to and fuel my body with loads of sugar but some how the taste keeps pulling me back in! I'm not trying to get rid of the stuff all together - I'm not strong enough for that right now. BUT I can drink it in moderation, and I'm going to start by getting rid of it for a week just to cleanse my body and kill the craving. I feel a little empowered! I can say no to soda! :)

Okay so here is my beginning of January weigh in...

Starting weight: 156 pounds






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments