See Reaghan Grow! {7 Months}

By Meg - 8:42 PM

The 17th of this month came and went and with it, another month of growing and reaching milestones for Reaghan! Here is what she's been up to since our last update!



  • No drs. appointment this month, in fact we don't have to go back until her 9 month appointment, but I stepped on the scale with her and she weighs around 16.5 pounds.
  • She is wearing anything from 6-9 months clothes but 9 months are still a bit big on her. She fits nicely into size 3 diapers.
  • She sleeps through the night for the most part! She goes down between 8:30-9 every night and will usually wake up around 7:30. Every once in a while she'll wake up in the middle of the night and needs help getting back to sleep. I try to get her to fall back asleep without feeding because I know she can sleep a good 10 hours without eating. But if sleep just isn't happening after about an hour of going in and out patting her back than I'll go ahead and feed her. 
  • She usually takes 2 naps a day: 1-2 hours in the morning and 1-2 hours in the afternoon. Depending on how early our day starts, she might squeeze in a 20-30 minute cat nap in the evenings.
  • She is very vocal! She has started babbling sounds like mama, dada, yaya and baba. "baba" was first followed by "mama" and "dada" is a more recent sound. She also loves to squeal and grunt!
  • She's started to use her own fingers to make sounds with her mouth. She'll open and close her fists so her fingers pluck at her bottom lip! Its ridiculously adorable.
  • She started army crawling and can go forward and turn herself around! We were so excited when all of a sudden one night (4/7) she just started scooting forward! I have to keep a close eye on her now and can no longer sit her on my bed while getting ready in the morning. Our whole routine is starting to change! 
  • Reaghan participated in her first race on the 11th. We tested out our BoB stroller and Mark and I ran a 5k with her along with Ann, Jason and Brooklyn.
  • She eats solid foods 1-2 times a day; every night for dinner and I'm starting to include breakfast. Surprisingly she likes veggies more than fruits! Sweet potatoes and Squash seem to be her favorite. I did let her gnaw on a pear I was eating the other day though, and she loved it.
  • We celebrated her first Easter with her and enjoyed worshipping with her at Church, dressing her up in a pretty dress and taking pictures with her Easter basket. 
  • Her hair is growing in nice and fuzzy. She looks like a little fuzzy chick.  
  • She met her Great Grandma for the first time! We are so excited that we're getting to spend a little time with her before she heads back to Ohio.


She is always looking for something to do with her hands!


It is getting harder and harder to take her monthly pictures! Today she was interested in just about everything except for looking at me and smiling.


She obviously has way more important things to do than pose for a picture... 
like eating her blanket for instance. ;)


I finally got her to look right at me and of course it turned out blurry! But her little pose is so cute I had to share it. 


Mom, may I please get down and play with my toys now???


I said no. So this is what happened. Which meant she did in fact get to get down and play with her toys because she was over sitting still. 

 I couldn't blame her! Her brain and body seem to be on super development mode these last few weeks! Keep growing baby girl. We are so blessed that you are healthy in mind and body. 



:::Behind the Scenes:::


No pictures mama! I just want to roll around!
(Still not rolling from back to belly on her own though. She can do it with a little help!)


Piper tried to help me out again this month, 
but all she succeeded in doing was wrinkling up the blanket ; )

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments