Europe Trip: Day 6-7 in Paris!!

By Meg - 11:08 AM

Bonjour!


We are saying goodbye to Paris after a long two days! I have to say it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I guess I had a preconceived notion of what Paris would be and it didn't exactly live up to my expectations. Doesn't that sound extremely spoiled of me??? I definitely don't mean to be that way about it... but you know how you imagine Paris as being romantic and pretty with bakeries lining the streets for you to indulge in pastries all day long? Or picnics on the lawn outside of the Eiffel Tower? It just- It wasn't like that. But it was still amazing to see and we had a ton of fun none the less. I'm undoubtedly blessed to be able to travel and visit these places. 

Despite the other part of Paris not being as I imagined, the hotel we stayed in was picturesque! Quaint and small in a little side street near the Louvre. 


We spent both days walking the streets taking in the sites. It was about 100 degrees outside and we probably spent 50 Euros on bottled water during the two days! (Bottled water was anywhere from $2-5 a pop!) crazy but we might have dehydrated with out it haha so I guess the money was well spent. 

We climbed the Eiffel Tower about 1/3 of the way and then got an elevator to the top!
And of course we took pictures in front of it! 


My sister and brother-in-law climbing!!

We were a little hot and sweaty by the end of our climb... 696 steps!




We got to see it lit up at night which was pretty spectacular I have to admit :)

We took a bus tour...

(Pretty good selfie huh?!?!)

We took a river boat cruise...



The next day we went to the Louvre!



It's the actual Mona Lisa!!! Crazy!


A mosaic tile floor from Isreal... 500 A.D.!!

We finally found some bakeries and got some sandwiches and pastries to go and had lunch by the river..



YUM!

And we walked by Notre Dame...


My last sandwich from a Paris Bistro! They sure do love ham and cheese sandwiches over here in Paris! 


We are now on the train back to London... Tomorrow is a sleep in day at the friends "home base" before heading to Ireland the next day!

Au revior! 

Meg :)




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments