ABC's of Thankfulness

By Meg - 8:58 PM


As posted earlier today, I'm in charge of desserts for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I decided to make these yummy pumpkin cheesecake bars that I saw on Pinterest which means I needed to bake it tonight so it could chill in the fridge overnight. I didn't get home from work until 7:30 and of course I had to have my play time with Reag and then put her to bed time so by the time I started baking it was 8:45... All this to say that the reason I'm writing a blog post right now is because I'm waiting for the cheesecake to finish baking. : )

I read over on the Pioneer Woman's blog today an ABC of thankfulness and I thought it was a fun idea. So in an effort to kill time and focus my heart for tomorrow, here are my ABC's of thankfulness.


Adams - I have 2 Adam's in my life. My brother and my brother in law. Each keep things interesting in our family in different ways. God love them. Reaghan loves her uncle Adam.


Brooklyn my smart, sweet niece! She is so much fun to be around and is at 1 year of age has the vocabulary of a 3 year old. Its adorable but also sort of ridiculous. 


Church - Sometimes we are tempted to sleep in on Sunday mornings but how can we when gathering with the church costs us an easy 20 minute drive to a climate controlled building with no risk to our well being? Brothers and sisters across the world risk much more to gather with their local church.
Dad - he is a hard worker, always ready to lend a helping hand and a loving Pop-Pop to Reaghan.


Erin - my older sister who demonstrates unwavering faith amidst her trials, has a huge heart that loves children as her own, cares for Reaghan for me while I'm at work, and is always there to help me out with all my fashion, house decorating or crafting needs. She's also the best selfie taker I know.



Faith - belief in the one true God. Being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we can't see - thankful that I was raised up into Faith and that I didn't have to find it at the end of a hard road. 
Grandmas - My grandma Ricucci just underwent a very serious and delicate surgery but she is recovering beautifully. She is strong and determined and passionate about what she believes in. She's passed down her strong heart to her daughters and her granddaughters and even to the 4th generation - I can see the strong heart in Reaghan already. ; )


Heaven - because sometimes the hurt and pain of this world is too much, and if it weren't for the Hope of Heaven I would probably look for solace in sketchy places.
Ice cream - I definitely stole this one from Ree, but I sure do love me some ice cream. It comforted me through my recent wisdom tooth extraction. (I never wrote about that did I?! If you're curious - all went well except for the tiny fact that the right side of my tongue and lower gums are still numb almost 3 weeks later....I have a follow up next week to check for nerve damage if it doesn't improve.)
Jogging - I don't get to do it as often as I want anymore, and sometimes I don't want to make myself get out the door, but I'm always grateful after a nice run. It releases my pent up energy and clears my head.


Kisses - the soft, spontaneous, lingering ones. It's good stuff.
Labradors - my sweet Piper pup who loves to go on walks and runs, play fetch in the backyard and who is desperately afraid of the vacuum. (and also the broom?!). She is always sweet to Reaghan - except for when she accidentally knocks her down because she doesn't see her or when her tail whacks her in the face.


Mark - 11 years of friendship, 3 years of marriage and so much more ahead of us.



Noah - my 17 year old little bro. I can't get over the fact that he's 17 and driving and likes girls and all that other teenage boy stuff. I still see him crawling around the house with a pacifier in his mouth, beating his chest and pretending to be Kerjack, the gorilla from Tarzan. ;)


Ocean - give me some salty air, sunshine and crashing waves - I just wish I could find a way to leave the sand at the beach.
Pinterest - single handedly helping me plan my meals, my home decor, my outfits for every occasion, my fitness plans, my holiday crafts and so much more!
Qdoba - my favorite mexican fast food place. Way better than Chipotle in my humble opinion.
Reaghan - my first born. My baby. My sunshine. A reason for a new sense of purpose each day.

Sisters - My 2 younger sisters Mallory and Sara who both love volleyball, the beach, and rose gold. ;)

Therapy - as in physical therapy. Without it, I wouldn't have a job. A great job that helps people take back their lives after an injury or make the best of what they were born with. Also I work with fun people.


Underwear - yep. you heard me. Some people love going commando. I'm a firm believer in underwear. All day every day.
Video cameras - to capture all of the moments I want to remember of my children's growing up years.
White chocolate mocha's - I never thought I'd see the day that I enjoyed a cup of coffee.
Xercise (see what I did there?) - this is also good for you. I should also do more of it.
Yogurt - of the greek variety. Its currently Reaghan's favorite thing to eat and I'm grateful that its tasty and packed with calcium and protein so my picky little eater can get some nutrients!
Zzzzz's - As in sleep. Even though Reaghan has been sleeping through the night for months now, I still feel as though I will never sleep through the night again. Always thankful for sleep!

That was harder than I thought it would be, but there ya have it. My ABC's of thankfulness.

Feel free to share what you're thankful for!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments