30 Days of Thanks - Books

By Meg - 8:19 PM

Day 20

I am so, so, so thankful for the ability to read and have access to books. I have loved to read ever since I can remember! I can still remember that my very first "favorite" book was Amelia Bedelia...


Did any of you ever read this book? I can still picture my little 8 year old self giggling at Ms. Bedelia's antics and wishing I could taste a piece of her pie.

Around the same time I also started falling in love with history and writing stories myself, thanks to the American Girl Doll series. 

Felicity was my favorite of all the dolls. Oh to go back to those days of reading these stories, learning simple life lessons and playing with dolls, right? I had a serious affinity for playing with dolls, it was the girly side to all of my tom boy ways growing up. 

My reading has become a little more sophisticated over the years and I've just recently begun reading through this treasure -


At the beginning of the year I posted a 2013 reading list under my page "she speaks with wisdom..." It turns out I may have been a bit ambitious when listing all of the things I wanted to read this year, as I only completed about 1/3 of the list...You'd think 18 books in 365 days wouldn't be a problem! But as much as I love reading, it just isn't always at the top of my priority list when it comes to getting things done! However, I am excited to brush up on my C.S. Lewis classics and roll over some of the books from my list into the New Year. 



What were some of your favorite books growing up?

What are you currently reading?






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments