30 Days of Thanks - Brothers

By Meg - 6:58 PM

Day 12

Just as I am thankful for my sisters, I am equally as blessed to have my 2 brothers in my life. I was always the "tom boy" of the 4 girls in the family so I spent a lot of time playing around with my brothers growing up. Especially my brother Adam, since he was only 2 years younger than me.

Adam was born with the heart of a man's man. His desire to work hard, protect his family and serve his mom and sisters is an innate gift that God granted him. He loves the Lord and has passion for sharing the gospel and he loves to love on little babies. (He is dying to be an uncle!) Unfortunately, because we live in a fallen world and bad things just happen in the life for no good reason, he was in a tragic accident when he was only 9. This took away his ability to walk, to use his left arm and to speak "normally".  However, God can work all things for the good of those who love him, and Adam's disabilities don't keep him from trying to put to good use all of the character qualities that he was born with. I am inspired and challenged by my brother daily to appreciate the small abilities that I take for granted and not let life's circumstances get me down.


My brother Noah is 10 years younger than I am. He just turned 15 last month! Like Adam he has many qualities that prove he is a young man after God's own heart. In addition to loving and serving his family his favorite things are to laugh and make people laugh. He is always affectionate, eager to hug and be hugged. An not to mention he is quite the ladies man. ; ) 


And since I'm talking about brothers, an honorable mention goes to my brother in law Adam. Yep, we have 2 Adams in the family now. He has been a part of our family for so long now, since I was 15. I am thankful for the fun he brings to our lives and the way you can always count on him to help you out at a moments notice.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments